Hummers

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK anybody,, has anyone seen or started to feed the hummers? They should be back soon Im just wondering has anyone seen any

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
We are lucky enough to have Anna's all winter. Had a good attendance this year - @ 10 or so. Rufous showed up end of March. Not sure why but the numbers have dropped off as of late. Maybe getting a chance to eat bugs as opposed to feeder juice.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Yep been here in NC for a weeks.

Few years back had the same hummer 2 years in a row at my house, it was amazing. How in this world did he migrate back to the same spot?

Sitting at the window washing dishes and I noticed one had broken his beak, his tongue would hang out a inch from the end.

Next year back at the sink and low and behold there he is drinking from the feeder and a broke beak.

Odds can't be good that 2 had broken beaks and it was a different one so always assumed it was same one. Never seen another one with a broke beak.

Good day friends.

Jay

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
yeah I have a wreath on the back porch window and they've been getting into it. The cat goes absolutely nuts from inside the window while the little birds are outside. They have plenty of flowers out there to eat in but they seem to be attracted to a fake wreath for some reason. But they've been around here for a couple weeks for sure, maybe longer and I just ain't noticed.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Amy put the feeders out today. She makes her own nectar. Interesting birds.

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
Been waiting here for their return. My wife also makes her own nectar, she says its healthier for the birds.

She put the feeder out about a week ago, haven't seen them yet, but the nectar has gone down a little so I suspect it won't be long and we'll be seeing them.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
Sitting outside yesterday in 5he Florida panhandle, we saw one come check out our regular bird feeder so we did a quick swap and put the hummingbird feeder up, and he came back 3-4 more times to feed by afternoon. Waiting to see if it shows up today!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Well we got the 1st few coming to the feeders this weekend :) I'll try to get a picture or two today if I get a chance.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
If I see one, it better be wearing a winter parka. We have 6” of snow on the ground, 2 feet of ice on the lake, and snow falling as I type. Worst spring ever. Our high temp for the day is only 30 degrees.

We do get lots of them here each year, and keeps the wife busy with refilling the feeders. Always gets my attention when one goes buzzing by.

Reactions: 1 user