HST Problems

Gregbo22

Equipment
B2910
Apr 25, 2009
Dryden, MI USA
Hi,

I have a B2910 HST that does not shift into different ranges. The actual shift lever and linkage works fine and the shaft that goes into the HST is turning however, the HST is stuck in "M", medium range and will not shift into Nuetral, Low or High. It does not matter what position the shift lever is moved too the HST is stuck in medium range. Any sugestions?

Thanks,

Greg

Gregbo22

Equipment
B2910
Apr 25, 2009
Dryden, MI USA
Hi Vic,

Thank's for the diagram! The shift fork would not shift gears. I had to "split" the tractor and found out that the edges of the shift fork that are engaged by the shift lever were rounded and the shift lever that fits into the shift fork was bent, thus not moving the shift fork.

I am know contemplating welding the edges of the shift fork (cast aluminum) and re-machining it or just buy a new one. I have all ready straighten the shift lever.

I can tell by the wear on the shift fork that the lever was never fully engaged into shift fork. The tractor has under 400 hours on it, I knew with this being my third Kubota it was not something major (other than having to split the tractor).

What type of gasket compound do you recomend to re-seal the case? Any advice on lining up the splines when I go to re-assemble?

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated!!

Greg