How to wire up hour meter on B series?

London

Equipment
B1500
Feb 2, 2020
London
At some point in time the hour meter on my B1500 has had the wires cut so it doesn’t function. Is this an easy thing to wire back in so I can judge maintenance schedules etc? The wires have been cut right close to the back of the hour meter and no obvious cut wires to reconnect to
thanks all

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
At some point in time the hour meter on my B1500 has had the wires cut so it doesn’t function. Is this an easy thing to wire back in so I can judge maintenance schedules etc? The wires have been cut right close to the back of the hour meter and no obvious cut wires to reconnect to
thanks all
From the info I can see on a B1500 it appears to be a Gray market tractor with no USA equivalent.

If you post in the Gray section of the forum someone who has a B1500 might see your post and respond.

If you have an owner's manual with a wiring diagram it would help.

Unlikely someone would cut off a working hour meter

Dave

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
There may be a reason the hour meter wires were cut. It could have been to keep from getting additional hours on the tractor. On the other hand the instrument may be shorted and could have been blowing fuses. You may wish to explore the matter more thoroughly before reconnecting.

GEP

Jun 16, 2010
Benton Harbor, Mi
There may be a reason the hour meter wires were cut. It could have been to keep from getting additional hours on the tractor. On the other hand the instrument may be shorted and could have been blowing fuses. You may wish to explore the matter more thoroughly before reconnecting.
As a rule the hour meter turns on true the ignition switch what that means as soon as the switch is in running position the meter runs . It should be a simple hook up. I would test the meter before it wired permanent . All you have to do is to hook it to the battery

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Also, if you search "12 Volt DC Hour meter" on Ebay you'll see all kinds of shapes, sizes, etc. for not much money. So if you decide to replace it you should be able to find something that works for you. Just make sure it's water proof or at least pretty water resistant.

London

Equipment
B1500
Feb 2, 2020
London
Thanks guys. Have got the old hour meter out and it doesn’t work which might be why it was cut. Have got one off eBay and play to wire it into the indicator switch which should get a live feed when ignition on. Looks like the old one was wired to back of headlight switch with soldered connections but those look dead as well even thought headlight works

London

Equipment
B1500
Feb 2, 2020
London
So have wired in a new hour meter to the indicator switch and earthed. Hour meter runs when the key is turned to pre heat but stops when engine running

does this make sense that the indicator switch isn’t permanently powered whe. Engine running?

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I would test the meter before it wired permanent . All you have to do is to hook it to the battery

I suggest testing that with a fused lead, due to the possibility of a short mentioned already.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
So have wired in a new hour meter to the indicator switch and earthed. Hour meter runs when the key is turned to pre heat but stops when engine running

does this make sense that the indicator switch isn’t permanently powered whe. Engine running?
If you have it wired to the Preheat indicator, there is only power when preheating.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
As Whitetiger mentioned the meter needs to be connected to the RUN connection on the switch, so it is powered while the engine is running.

London

Equipment
B1500
Feb 2, 2020
London
Thanks all I wired it to the turn indicators thinking that would be live when ignition on but seems not

have now wired to headlight which seems to work