How often do you buy parts?

How often do you buy Kubota parts per year?

• less than once per year

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • 1 time a year

• 2 times a year

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • 3 or 4 times a year

• 5+ times a year

• Total voters

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Just as the title says, how often do you buy parts for your Kubota and related implements? If you have time, some additional information that would be handy:

1) Where are you buying your parts (ie. in person at your dealership, online, eBay)?
2) How new is your equipment?
3) If you are comfortable sharing, how much $ would you estimate you spend on parts per year?

I'm working on something but I need some rough numbers. Thanks folks!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Im sure i wont be of any help here, but will let you know where i stand.
Aftermarket parts purchased locally. Limited to that as i live a good distance to nearest dealer. Also gray market tractor owner. In my case, just oil change and fuel/ air filters. Would go online or buy from a reputable dealer from here on ott as required. Looking to restore the tin parts (straight as an arrow) but not sure how to acquire decals.

Spending dollars- so far 200.since i purchased machine in spring. Aftermarket parts.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Just as the title says, how often do you buy parts for your Kubota and related implements? I service and inspect thoroughly at the end of the season and inspect daily, replace parts as needed. If you have time, some additional information that would be handy:

1) Where are you buying your parts (ie. in person at your dealership, online, eBay)? 90% online, little as possible from dealer
2) How new is your equipment? Label says, "please load on Mayflower whem it is completed"
3) If you are comfortable sharing, how much $ would you estimate you spend on parts per year? I do not count (fluids, filters, grease etc as parts), $0 this year, $1700 last, $400 2yrs ago, $300 year before, $30 before, $1400 before, very little 10 years before that.

Belts, blades, pins, tines, etc I always have extra on hand, grab when I need some and just stock up when I find a good sale.

I do not know if that helps:)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I do a little online, and some through the dealer as well. I check auto parts store and local bearing supply depending on what it is. Spent about 800 to 1000 on the tractor this year, but i had just got it, and it had a bunch of stuff that needed fixing. Got a wheel seal left to fix, and then hopefully it will just be general maintenance after that.

b20barry

Equipment
B20 TLB
Aug 18, 2013
Somerset county,Pa
I buy at local Kubota dealer for most things.My machine is a 1996 B20 TLB. This year I spent less than 100.00 dollars, on motor oil and filter and few new pins. Not bad!

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
Just as the title says, how often do you buy parts for your Kubota and related implements? If you have time, some additional information that would be handy:

1) Where are you buying your parts (ie. in person at your dealership, online, eBay)?
2) How new is your equipment?
3) If you are comfortable sharing, how much $ would you estimate you spend on parts per year?

1) I buy most parts from dealer, in person, Northern Tool.
2) The oldest is 10 yrs. the newest is last year.
3) My children and I have 3 sets of equipment that I service and usually pay for so I probably spent at least $2000 for parts in the last year for oil changes, batteries, tires,belts, seals, blades,U jts etc. I don't like to keep track.
4) I'd like to add that our dealer 30 kms from us has a great parts and service dept. If I need any information, parts or service they will gladly answer any questions I might have.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I get parts about every 2 weeks I get something for either my tractors , equipment, and or something I'm working on.

Tractors are B7100HST and L3450DT-GST they are both early 90"s models.

I've done $3k plus this year so far.

I used to do a lot with Golden Eagle, but have since switched most of my Kubota new parts buying business to Coleman, they have been great.
I have bought used parts Via Craigslist and West Kentucky tractor parts.
I buy fluids and generic parts locally at several farm stores. ;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I try to get what I need at my local dealer, I like to keep what money I spend local if I can,, I know but its something I was raised with,,, unless his prices are way out of line, and sometimes they are. Mower deck wheels seems to be the most commen things almost 20 bucks a pop is bad juju for me but thats what they are ,, a poor desigine, but thats just MHO.
Filters I use NAME brand filters that have equial or better filtering ( I do have a poblem paying 2 times more for the same filter just because its painted orange)oils I use off the shelf NAME brands from wallyworld again for the same reason. I know in some cases the dealers hands are tied as to the prices he has to charge for supplies

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I've put 200 hours on my B7100, and have needed very little for it. So, I buy parts- filters and hydraulic oil- once or twice a year from my local dealer, depending on how many hours I've run it. I buy my oil from Advance.

For what it's worth, I buy my parts from Beverage Tractor because they are a good dealer, their prices are fair, and they sponsor our youth group every year in a golf tournament. They deserve my business.

My B7100 is a 1990 with approx. 850 hours, and I spend about $30-$50 a year on it.

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
I chose twice a year but it depends on breakdowns or needs.

I would say I spend roughly 100 bucks a year just for basic maintenance and a few small items as needed.

I have a B2150 and not sure of its age as the serial # for those don't break down to a specific year that anyone has found guessing mid 90's, it just broke 1K hours this year.
I generally buy filters once a year as I only service it one time a year no matter what, I don't put a lot of hours on it under 50 hours a year.

I have been getting my parts from my local dealer but they are gouging for them pretty bad. I just bought a couple hundred dollars of basic freshening supplies like fan belt, t-stat and gasket and all coolant hoses and hyd pump suction hoses and a pto output shaft seal.

Soon to be rebuilding the front axle steering links, pivot shaft and front diff pinion input seals and anything else related I find it may need but I will be looking for those parts online.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
I'm new to owning a tractor but have purchased a lot of parts for my old girl. I found a lot of good buys on eBay and golden eagle for factory parts. Filters I picked up at Wally World and Napa along with oil. Our local kubota dealer got shut down a few years back for fininacing people with good credit himself instead of through kubota, they found out and shut him right down. He never opened again so the closest dealer is 45 mins from me. I actually ordered a hydraulic filter through them but they never called me.... Poor service in my eyes so I'll stick to online. A local snowmobile/John Deere weed wacker shop has been peddling a lot of used kubotas lately, they move, the JDs don't :D. He doesn't back what he sells so he doesn't see any of my business. What ever happened to good old customer service?

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
I have over a hundred dollars of bearings and seals on order right now for the RC48-G deck and front wheels on the G6200HST.

If we are talking parts for any brand tractor then I would say I spend $200-$300 per year on parts and supplies.

Tractors are both 23-25 years old.

Mostly online only because the dealer is not conveniently located and closed when I'm not.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I spend about $250.00 providing that nothing big has happened. I try to do this at a local dealer, although I have bought stuff elsewhere when needed. I have a 2008 BX24.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Bought a "crashed" 2012 L3800 so I spent about $500 in paint and parts getting it back together, bought through my local dealer.

Like everyone else, I like to have consumables on hand. I bought filters and fluids and a few odds and ends, also to the tune of about $500, again from the dealer. Shipping on 5 gallon jugs is 'spensive!

Unless something factory-only breaks, I'll probably shop online from now on. I need to order a solenoid kit for my starter for a rainy day in the future. Will probably track that down online. All this over the last 12 months. Averaging about 70 hours per year currently, less when I get the yard project done.

Hopefully, that will be it for a few years.:)

Last edited:

itssoeasy

Equipment
B3000HSDCC
Jun 1, 2013
southern Indiana
I have a B3000 cab I bought in May of 2013 that now has about 200 hours. I prefer to buy local but my dealer doesn't seem to appreciate it and online is less expensive, so for my 3rd service interval I ordered from Messick's. So far for recommended service I have spent about $200.00 each time including inner and outer air filters at time interval instead of hour interval.

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
Dealer. Try to support local, they are only 10 min away and have most basic things in stock. They even had blades for my woods rcc42 sitting on the shelf. Prices are very comparable to online, don't have to pay for shipping, and don't have to wait long if at all.

I've had my 2003 bx1800 for about 1.5 years. Other than a hydraulic hose, it's all been regular maintenance.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I've bought a few things online from Messicks's or Coleman, but most of the parts through my local dealers. I have been absolutely amazed at how easy it has been for my dealers to get parts for my 30+ year old tractor, and usually within the week. A water pump is probably the most expensive part I've had to buy yet. I spent double the aftermarket price to get a genuine Japanese part from Kubota. I buy oil and fuel filters from Napa, fluids from Walmart.

My next part purchase will be bearings and seals for my sloppy leaking front axle. I hope I don't need any hard parts for that one.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I get pretty much everything common like filters, belts, hoses, oil etc from NAPA in person at my local store. I'll go to the dealer when necessary

Not exactly sure the grand total, never really kept track of money spent on parts. I need to be for the business so I can get a tax write off at the end of the year.

B6100E not sure of exact year or house. It doesnt have a meter on it.