How I repair linkadge on BX2360 mmm

Frank Peters

Equipment
Mower Bx 2360
Jul 27, 2012
Moe Victoria Australia
Hi All,
Two weeks ago I decided to repair or redesign the linkage on mmm of my Kubota BX2360, after many month of frustration with mmm. The knob was impossible to turn and adjustments on the bolt did not last and fail.
Last time the bolt was bent. After careful examination I decided to repair it as the redesign was too time consuming and it should be Kubota’s job. By the way complaints about the same problem goes back for last 7 years on the different websites and ignored by Kubota. So what I did today was to take the linkage out, and cut of the existing bolt nut out. Then I put together two 12mmx 1.5 nuts and welded them together. Then placed them on linkage in position of the old single nut and welded on end of link. Then installed high tensile bolt and locking nut. Repainted and ready to install. Then wash the mmm height selector cylinder from under the floor (it is connected to turning knob) and put Teflon grease all over. After lubricating and assembling the linkage, small adjustment on the new bolt and it runs first time properly, easy to operate from the seat. I hope it will be the last time I have to do it. I also notice how badly is the tractor rust proved and it is made in USA, not China. Regards Frank

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Wish you had some pictures frank, cause I havent got a bloody clue what your talking about, but Im glad its working for you now

SDMauler

Equipment
2009 BX2360TV60, RCK60B-23BX
Aug 8, 2014
Parker, SD
Sounds like he's talking about the quarter-inching valve and the linkages that control the height of the mmm. Mine has been problematic as well, and now won't go into the "top" position. Something I need to look into as soon as mud season is over.

Torrin

Equipment
B2650, loader, Front snowblower, Cab, driveway drag, backblade, brush mower
Jun 7, 2014
Mecosta County MI USA
I know that you fixed your problem, but I believe it was unnecessary. i have had 2 different BX models. I had the same problem, but all I had to do was raise and lower the MMM and put it back in the High position. Knob turned it fine. Book says that adjustment must be made with MMM at top of movement (not top position).