How fragile is life

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Got a call from Sis yesterday. her husband of less than 4 months was in the hospital dieing. He was feeling sick last week, and she talked him into going to the ER, he had an infection in the appendix so it was removed. It was checked and was cancerous, they figured they got it all. What they didnt get was the paulup that ruptured in his colon and was pumping everything in to his system right around the surgery. They sent him home and he got sicker, and when she got him back in he had already turned septic. 1 week and he was gone, a big strong man the loved life and my sister. So to you horse folks Uncle Jimmy is riding another trail. Sorry guys I just needed to vent.

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Sorry for your loss. Family loss is so hard to deal with.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Skeets - my deepest condolences.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Sorry for your loss Skeets

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Hang in there Skeets. My condolences.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Hang in there Skeets. Lost two of my brothers-in-law in the past couple years. One to leukemia and the other was a healthy 55 YO jogger that had a heart attack. They were great guys and are missed dearly.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Got a call from Sis yesterday. her husband of less than 4 months was in the hospital dieing. He was feeling sick last week, and she talked him into going to the ER, he had an infection in the appendix so it was removed. It was checked and was cancerous, they figured they got it all. What they didnt get was the paulup that ruptured in his colon and was pumping everything in to his system right around the surgery. They sent him home and he got sicker, and when she got him back in he had already turned septic. 1 week and he was gone, a big strong man the loved life and my sister. So to you horse folks Uncle Jimmy is riding another trail. Sorry guys I just needed to vent.
Sorry to hear of your family loss, Skeets. Been there, done that myself, a few more times than I want to remember. But, seems there's plenty friends here that will let you vent. If nothing else, the smaller world the internet has created allows us to extend friendships and find folks we can talk to and commiserate with. May your BIL rest in peace, and peace be with your sis.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Very sorry to hear about the bil Skeets. I hope your sister is doing ok.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
My condolences to you and your sister.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I wouldn't call life fragile, I'd call it a vapor. It is gone before you know it and there is not much warning if any at all. We got here, and we'll leave here. What happens in between?

With that being said, I know people who lay around a LOT. They are giving NOTHING back to society, they are just living. They are not doing anything, not going anywhere, not making a difference in others' lives, they don't participate in anything of any kind. I am not that way and even less so now at 45 than I was at 40. Of the many things I've learned over the past decade, one of the more important ones is that YOU are important, no matter who you are or what you do, did, your capacity, you are here if you're reading this, get up and do something. Remember what you just did 5 minutes ago? You can never (ever) get that 5 minutes back. Make it worthwhile. Time is all we have. Nobody knows when our last punch is.

One of my old coworkers left the job of 18 years recently. I left last year after 29 years. I spoke with them (my old coworkers) somewhat often even after I left, and I told him directly the same thing. Your life is based on time, and you don't know when your time is up so use it wisely. As an employee you are selling your life (your time) to your employer, and if you ain't happy and your employer doesn't respect that, go find another employer who will. Or start your own gig. I think it sunk in with my old coworker as I heard he had some issues with "the boss"--which doesn't surprise me. Boss had a personality that not many understood. A boss. Not a leader. We had a leader before the company was taken over by a group of investors who hired a boss to run the place. Now they can't keep employees, certainly can't recognize the importance of GOOD employees that are assets to the business. In a relationship, if those around you are pulling you down, go away from them. I would say life is too short, but for most of us it's not. It's just too short to get done what we really need to.

My friend is an aviator and mentioned to me in avaiation you have lift, you have drag, you have weight, and thrust. I was thinking about that. Same for our relationships with others. You have those that lift others up. You have those that drag others down. You have those folks that are nothing but weight. And then you have those who thrust you forward. Which one are you?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Lugbolt, I visualize life as a barrel of marbles. Each day you reach in and throw one away. When the barrel is full (as a teenager) we don't think anything about it, because we have a barrel full and it seems they'll last for ever. As time goes on we notice the barrel is getting less and less of the marbles and it should remind us that each one is important and not to just throw it away.

Life is not what you gain, but what you give away.

Reactions: 1 user