How do I Insure My Kubota ?

tk1469

Nov 15, 2010
North Central Michigan
Not sure what category to put this in - so I'll dump it here ....

I'll be getting an L3800 in the Spring and wondering - what do you guys out there do for insurance on your big orange investments ???? What insurance companies are good / bad - expensive - cheap, etc.

Are there different "levels" of coverage ?

NC Bota

Equipment
B7610, FEL, box blade
Jun 1, 2010
West Jefferson, NC, USA
If you are using your tractor only for work around the house it may already be covered under your home insurance policy.

If you are using it for work at other locations additional insurance will probably be needed.

ETRon

Equipment
M6040
Aug 4, 2010
Tellico Plains, TN
I picked up the Kubota insurance when I bought the tractor. It was much cheaper than going through the company I have my homeowners and auto with!

tk1469

Nov 15, 2010
North Central Michigan
Babyfat - can you purchase the Kubota insurance if you don't finance the tractor? I requested a quote on an L3800 - I'll post the figures once they come back to me.

Babyfat

Jun 24, 2010
Grass Lake, MI
www.dakins.com
Babyfat - can you purchase the Kubota insurance if you don't finance the tractor? I requested a quote on an L3800 - I'll post the figures once they come back to me.
Yes you can. per this bulletin from Kubota

KTAC Insurance is available to ALL Kubota Customers in all but 3 states (Alaska, Minnesota, Nevada). We provide coverage for cash customers, previous KCC customers that have paid off their loans, existing KCC customers that didn't include KTAC in their KCC loans, or anyone else that owns Kubota equipment (excluding rental/lease equipment and case by case exceptions). To purchase a policy, contact a KTAC Representative at 800-348-5802 prompt #3 and we can activate the policy immediately with payment via credit card.

Note: This Bulletin does not apply to KCC customers including KTAC in their financing; those policies are still available in every state and processed thru your dealership as they have been.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Going thru a fight with my insurance company right now over a theft (not a tractor) issue. I have learned a lot while doing research though about the tractor coverage. I would advise everybody who has their tractor covered to look into their policy and the wonderful world of fine print. I have a farm policy but it doesn't cover tractors. The only way to have coverage is have each tractor covered by itself. They have to be listed and pay for each tractor or implement seperately. Everybodies policy may not be as bad as what I'm dealing with but it wouldn't hurt to take a look and just make sure your babies are covered.

A example of the insurance two step:
At the first of the policy it says that the farm is covered as long as there is no business other than farming. Toward the end of the policy it says if you are using it for farm use that the coverage is limited to $1000 with $500 deductable. It pays to read the entire policy from start to finish.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
That's why I would advise every body to look at their policy very close.

I have Goergia Farm Bureau insurance and it has been used on my families old farm for over 50 years. Nothing is out of the ordinary with the insurance at all. It's in the fine print where the problems begin. I know that insurance is a rip off but this is a bit much.

ole farmerbuck

Dec 19, 2010
Scott City, Ks
We have Ks Farm Bureau on everything. I added this after talking with the agent 1st for a while. I ask if i was driving the tractor to town and a rock flew off the tire and broke the windshield if it would be covered. He said yes, for $7.00 it would be replaced.

2458n

Jun 21, 2010
covington ohio
In Ohio I had a rock come off a concrete truck and bust the window on my pick -up truck. Driver would not stop followed truck back to terminal. Police wrote report and turned it into the companies insurance. They are a large company and are self insured. Determined the rock was a road hazard and would not cover it . New window out of my pocket.

ole farmerbuck

Dec 19, 2010
Scott City, Ks
In Ohio I had a rock come off a concrete truck and bust the window on my pick -up truck. Driver would not stop followed truck back to terminal. Police wrote report and turned it into the companies insurance. They are a large company and are self insured. Determined the rock was a road hazard and would not cover it . New window out of my pocket.

I was told that if something was picked up off the road by a tire, the vehicle that threw it wasnt at fault. Only if something came OFF of the vehicle was it at fault.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
And that's why you see signs on the back of dump trucks, "Stay back 100 feet". They want the rocks to have time to hit the road before they hit your windshield. Then, they are not responsible.