How about that Elon Musk huh?

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Seems like a good guy taking down the propaganda machine and all.

Screenshot 2022-04-21 at 18-11-07 Elon Musk's Perspective on Free Speech is Likely Different t...png

Reactions: 3 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
He has stated he would remove all controls and allow what ever is legal. I see a real hornet's nest brewing. Just my opinions with no sources to back me up.
If the company stays public the stock will tank in short order once the lawsuits start after too many post get tagged as defamation.
If he takes it private I still see a crash and burn.

As my grand kid said, "who cares , only old people still use twitter".

Reactions: 1 user

Vlach7

Equipment
L47
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
Free speech, that's a novel idea, I don't think he made his money by being stupid, and if it did fail, he will still have more than us.

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, WC68 chipper, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I do wonder a bit if he wants to change it or destroy it. Not the easiest guy to predict. Recently saw a brief clip where he said (paraphrased as I don’t recall precisely) “I’m sending rockets to Mars and reinventing electric vehicles. Did you really expect me to be normal?” If he sees it as a true enemy to democracy he may be OK with reform or destruction, either one.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I think he wants to go back to the status quo before twitter, amazon, and fb decided only those who agreed with them are allowed to speak.

From a business perspective, it makes Twitter more valuable when everyone can speak.

Reactions: 6 users

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Well, what we have now is not a Republic, nor democratic in any sense of the words. Anything he does seems like it would shake things up a bit…probably for the better. He has FY money…so him doing something for the sole purpose to irritate the status quo is a good thing…

Reactions: 5 users

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Whether you like the guy or not, it is still impressive the lot of things that he and his companies are accomplishing.
During my years with NASA, it was disappointing to work on a new project that would eventually be cancelled. There was no vision nor imagination. It got to the point where they wanted almost everybody to become a project manager and include in their projects budget money in case the project got cancelled. So, you would be a "successful project manager" if the project was successful or cancelled because you "spent your budget as planned".
Musk and company has even impressed the military because they are saying "We can't do that!" :

The guy is not doing things for philanthropy (he is the richest man in the world right now) but he is pushing innovation left and right while everybody else is trying to keep the "gravy train" going without any considerations of what is best for the future of the country and not just themselves.

Reactions: 4 users

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I do wonder a bit if he wants to change it or destroy it. Not the easiest guy to predict. Recently saw a brief clip where he said (paraphrased as I don’t recall precisely) “I’m sending rockets to Mars and reinventing electric vehicles. Did you really expect me to be normal?” If he sees it as a true enemy to democracy he may be OK with reform or destruction, either one.
I disagree, he is an easy guy to predict. He will attempt to make it bigger and better for the benefit of all and no doubt succeed. Of course it will also become more valuable. If he bought it I might even establish a twitter account. Not a chance as its being run now.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'm surprised( kinda) that he hasn't just announced 'Twaddle', his version of Twitter, after having hired most of the Twitter programmers. Obviously he has the cash to buy the servers, buildings and employees. maybe the 'hostile takeover' is 'fun' for him ?

Up here Craigslist was THE 'buy/sell' website, then Kijiji came along. it took only a few short years for it to become THE 'buy/sell' website.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Z121S Zero turn mower
May 18, 2014
Conway, Arkansas
I disagree, he is an easy guy to predict. He will attempt to make it bigger and better for the benefit of all and no doubt succeed. Of course it will also become more valuable. If he bought it I might even establish a twitter account. Not a chance as its being run now.
Yup, currently my account would be suspended or I would end up in Twitter Jail. 😒😒😒😒

I don't have any social media account currently. Just belong to a couple forums.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Z121S Zero turn mower
May 18, 2014
Conway, Arkansas
I'm surprised( kinda) that he hasn't just announced 'Twaddle', his version of Twitter, after having hired most of the Twitter programmers. Obviously he has the cash to buy the servers, buildings and employees. maybe the 'hostile takeover' is 'fun' for him ?

Up here Craigslist was THE 'buy/sell' website, then Kijiji came along. it took only a few short years for it to become THE 'buy/sell' website.
Locally It's FB market place. I did a comparison between CL and FB when we sold our camper. CL was just a bunch of trolls.

We had 8 serious lookers off FB for the camper the next night and sold within a couple hours of being home from work at full asking price.

I don't sell anything on CL anymore. Don't remember the last time I scrolled the site.

We sell exclusively on FB market place using my wife's account. Wife just gives the person my contact info.

Reactions: 1 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I just want my Starlink preorder from 2021 filled

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Lets not forget that Mr. Musk was once the "darling" of the liberal Progressives. They constantly pointed to him as an example how modern companies should be managed.

...then things changed.... A rift formed as Mr. Musk did not conform to their wishes and say the things they wanted to hear.

A few years after that, Mr. Musk moved Tesla out of California to more business-friendly state. I am sure he relished in the knowledge that this irked the lefties even more.

---------------------
Why did I mention the above history-lesson?
It is my suspicion that Mr. Musk is still 'sore' at how he was ostracized and has found a way to make em squirm. (weather or not he follows thru with Twitter purchase.... they are squirming)

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Locally It's FB market place. I did a comparison between CL and FB when we sold our camper. CL was just a bunch of trolls.

We had 8 serious lookers off FB for the camper the next night and sold within a couple hours of being home from work at full asking price.

I don't sell anything on CL anymore. Don't remember the last time I scrolled the site.

We sell exclusively on FB market place using my wife's account. Wife just gives the person my contact info.
I have sold a lot of things locally on CL, without any issues.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy

Yeah CL is pretty much worthless anymore! I don't do FB but had my son help me make up another email so I could get on there and not have them corrupt my everyday email. Still don't use it because now I think they want me to use an app to even see or post an item.🤷‍♂️ Always something..

Twitter.., I hope he does change the name and probably will!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
well he wants to restore freedom.

therein lies the issue

majority of politicians have a nasty habit of defining (or redefining) "freedom".

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
It's probably market manipulation at best. Elon, historically, posts and swings stock prices in favor of short sellers and market manipulators. Look at BTC.X and Dogecoin's history. He's just moved from crypto to publicly traded social media stock. To me, it seems like he's just trying to make his rich friends happy by helping swing prices in their favor.

Elon doesn't give a rats ass about your freedom, my freedom, or anything that will impact us peons.