How about renaming the OT sub forum to OT:Tractor related?

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
I thought the idea of the OT subforum was because it wasn't tractor related. if it was tractor related, then it wouldn't be OT, would it?

Reactions: 4 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
wait a minute...after your 40 page thread of bickering, you want to change the rules now?

I just can't keep up any longer.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
If you ignore the Off Topic stuff it’s virtually exclusively tractor related now. I’m aware some threads take a brief detour a bit off topic but seem to get back in the lane pretty quickly. THE topic is Kubota tractors, implements, maintenance, repair, and operation thereof. Off Topic is… well, Off Topic.

Some of it, I personally like. The recent thread about squirrel interaction with chicken problems is a good example. The political and COVID stuff; some may enjoy but I prefer to avoid in online forums so I generally don’t participate in those even if I agree with the majority opinion. I could go on about why that is, but it really doesn’t matter.

So I’m kind of happy there is an Off Topic but some of it I just avoid. Kind of like driving down South Main St in one of our neighboring towns: I stop at the hardware store, boot store, and furniture store while driving right past the sex toy shop and liquor store without stopping. The sex shop and liquor store have been there for decades so I’m confident there are others that drive past the hardware store to get to the liquor store and sex shop. To each their own. It’s not that hard if you try.

Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Let it die! I still can't figure out which side of the white line that Henro is straddling in any of his posts. Sometimes he is on the right, and other times he is on the left. Seems like he has a penchant for stirring the pot! Just an observation, not a slam or a slur.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
#foodthreadsmatter
#dogthreadsmatter
You forgot:
#dailychucklesmatter - love that thread
Oh great..............

Now I have to figure out how to get beer outta the friggin' keyboard on the new laptop....:oops:

Not sure how I'm gonna 'splain that to the Mrs..... 🤔

Can't keep anything nice around here..... 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Let it die! I still can't figure out which side of the white line that Henro is straddling in any of his posts. Sometimes he is on the right, and other times he is on the left. Seems like he has a penchant for stirring the pot! Just an observation, not a slam or a slur.
Hell, I think @Henro is one of the most interesting , more reasoned and least reactive posters.
I always read his posts, even though I might not agree with him, he always makes sense to me.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
You forgot:
#dailychucklesmatter - love that thread
I have been really busy with sawmilling activities and have neglected the 'Daily Chuckle'. Yup, finding and posting Chuckles sorta clears the mind.

I'll try to do better. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Let's not forget #earcandythreadsmatter.

Code

Equipment
l3301, fel, lp boxblade, 12" lp auger, lp bush hog, z421 zt, lawnvac leaf vac
Dec 19, 2020
Central, Va
Just a suggestion. Might help focus the discussion....
having run forums for years. Off topic is a great and necessary containment area.Also if its managed well it keeps people on the site which shows more ads etc etc.if you take it away you end up with a management nightmare and more work for mod teams