hour meter/rev counter fitment to a B6000.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
hi all

I am looking to fit a combined hour meter/rev counter on my B6000, it an item from a kubota/ransomes machine. Here is a similar item( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/kubota-HOUR-M...K_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item27b16d95cb )

Can anyone advise on how to connect it up, i assume the hour meter will be a straight forward connection to a switched live when ign is on, but not sure about the rev counter side of things.
any input would be great.

rob

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi Rob

Not sure on that hour meter it may be a mechanical unit not an electronic unit. Maybe someone else will be able to give you more information, but I would check first as if its mechanical (i.e. runs of a cable setup like an older car) it will be near impossible to fit to the B6000.

I recently installed one of these on my B6000
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/hour...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_6078wt_821

works well and is very simple to wire in - basically just an earth and the other to the ignition switch.

Hope this helps.

Cheers John

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Hi TopGear,

Nice install on the hr. meter. You should put us a pic of the rest of that shiny orange machine. It sure looks good from what is showing in that pic.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Thanks for that link TopGear,

Wow, that looks great. From what I could tell in the pics you had some sweet looking welds laid down. I guess every body looks at things differently but I love to see a nice clean weld. I have been welding for myself for over 30 yrs now so I understand the tallent that it takes to make it look like a stack of dimes. Judging by your welds you know exactly what I mean.

I wish I could have been here at OTT and go thru the process step by step with all the other guys but I'll take it in all at once just fine.

Anyway, thank you for sharing that with me and I'll say it again. Very nice work.