Hookup Implement should be uphill, downhill, or level with a QH

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
It seems to me that my rear blade is almost impossible to hookup if it leaning toward the QH. Did I figure something out or was it just lucky that leaning uphill toward the tractor is easier. I have to say I don’t attachments very often.

Pony Doc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
SSV75 Kioti LK3054 Oliver 1250
Dec 15, 2020
Central Colorado
The easiest hook up is likely to be when the plane defined by the attachment points of your implement are parallel to the plane defined by Quick Hitch attachments points. If the implement is leaning away or towards the QH or the implement is rotated with respect to the QH you will likely end up off the tractor wrestling with the implement.....

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It seems to me that my rear blade is almost impossible to hookup if it leaning toward the QH. Did I figure something out or was it just lucky that leaning uphill toward the tractor is easier. I have to say I don’t attachments very often.
This is where a QH with top-n-tilt really shines. It's night and day easier to get on/off an implement when you can angle the QH any way you need. I still wish I had a large, flat area and preferably covered for implement storage, but failing that top-n-tilt is a game changer.

Reactions: 1 users