Homemade Brush guard.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Decided to give it a whirl and make my own grill guard.

I really did not like the idea of grinding on my new tractor in order to weld something on permanently so I made some clamps that allow me to unbolt it.

That has worked out well. Not too long after I installed it I was going too fast in a brush pile and branch jammed into it and bent/cracked it. I was able to remove it, repair it and reinstall it in short order.

892[1].jpg 902[1].jpg

Turned out ok, just wish I would have taken more pics of the process.

Also note that it was originally longer but due to interference problems while opening the hood I had to lop off a few inchs at the bottom.

Reactions: 9 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I like it - a lot !

Reminds me of a warrior in battle with his shield out front of him.

I will do something similar this coming summer.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Here are some pics of the clamps I made to make it removable. I originally used electrical tape to guard against chaffing, but yesterday I used an old bicycle inner tube and cut out small sections to go in between the clamp and the brush bar instead.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Here are some pics of the clamps I made to make it removable. I originally used electrical tape to guard against chaffing, but yesterday I used an old bicycle inner tube and cut out small sections to go in between the clamp and the brush bar instead.
Nice work on that guard!
Tubes have been my go-to for all sorts of things like that.

Reactions: 1 user