Home made quick attach, or old and uncommon?

OliG

May 6, 2021
Quebec, Canada
Hello,

Still familiarizing with my new to me kubota, and got a question concerning the quick attach it came with. I've been shopping for a grapple to put on the loader, but didnt found any wich have the corresponding brackets that would match the quick I have.

So my question is I guess, is this quick attach a home made one by the previous owner, or is it a known design that is simply incommon?

Basically there is a round tubing at the top on the tractor side where hooks on the implements rests, and there is pin at the bottom that slides in holes at the low point of the implement that locks it in place. It works well and you can switch from bucket to forks quickly, but is less practical than others if you need to fabricate hooks for all new implement...

Here are somes pictures that show the quick and an implement that goes with it :

Closed sliding pin :
IMG_3661.JPG

Open sliding pin :
IMG_3662.JPG

Bucket that match (just painted) :
IMG_3663.JPG

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
If that's homemade, then someone does really nice work! I've never seen one like that except on a big pit loader.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I was going to suggest, it looks like the kind of thing you'd see on a much larger machine... Like, a 5yd loader type thing. I would convert to ssqa before converting new implements to this kind of attachment.

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
If you've already have the bucket and forks that work with this attach system how many other attachments besides a grapple do you plan on getting? If only a grapple then I'd suggest either building your own or modifying a factory built, it appears that you already have hydraulics.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
Its probably some kind of aftermarket quick hitch. Before the skid steer type quick hitch was common there were a fair amount of company's building quick hitch conversion's. I would just find the grapple you like buy one with no mounting from the factory and take it to a local black smith and have him make the mounts. If you have forks and a bucket that fit this set up why change to a skid steer quick hitch and have to buy all new attachments. I have had several wheel loaders over the years with this type of quick hitch and none of them were the same. Lot of quick hitch builder's out there in the wheel loader world.

OliG

May 6, 2021
Quebec, Canada
Thanks for all advices.

I looked at big pit loaders buckets and they seems to use the same kind of mount, and it does indeed looks like euro quick attach, but the diameter of the top tubing looks smaller on the euro, unless it is not standard?

I will probably end up buying a grapple without mounting as I have an extra bracket with hooks and bottom plates that came with a snow plow that I'm not gonna use. As you pointed out, I think my front attachment kit will be complete when adding a grapple anyway.

Thanks again!