Home made pallet fork extensions

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
made these today with the rest of a old boat trailer I cut up a year or so ago..

They are 6 feet long and 1/4 thick and fit perfectly over the forks

Turned the heat up on the welder to insure it would hold.. then put them on and backed the tractor out to the gravel and tilted the forks forward and proceeded to lift the front wheels of the ground and it really flexed the forks but held.. once I lifted the loader up I realized I bent them.. oops! Just a little bit though but wanted to test my welds..

I made these to pick up carts like the one pictured.. I'm guessing with the two carts on it and all the stuff in them it was pushing 600 pounds as the bottom cart is probably 350 pounds itself..

It lifted the left rear tire off the ground with nothing on the 3 point.. but the end of the forks were right behind the front casters so moving it back more will be done from now on.. I also have a 60 gallon diesel tank on a old cart in my 6x10 shed that would i would use these for to remove it if needed..

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Looks good!

I used some 2"x6"x0.100" x 6' welded steel tube that works well and are very light weight. I usually have a couple lengths in stock to make pallet bases from and weld to the bottoms of some implements (i.e. my chipper) to make pallet free storage easier on my pallet racks.

Reactions: 1 users