Home Made BX2380 Front Weight Bracket

BManFX4

Equipment
BX2380, RCK60B, LandPride RTA1250, CountyLine RC5, Titan BX42S Chipper
Apr 14, 2020
Loudon, TN
Hi everyone. I am a new member here and I am enjoying reading various posts so far.

I use my 2380 mostly for mowing my property (2 acres or so of grass, 1 acre of woods). The side and rear is pretty steep so I started looking into adding weights to the front. The Kubota weight bracket the dealer had made me lose the brush guard. Since I prepare deer plots with this BX the brush guard is a must. Searching on the Internet did not produce any results that met my requirements so I broke out the MIG machine and made my own bracket.

I used factory holes in the frame to mount it so I didn't have to drill it and the brush guard opens without interference as well. I am going to add "ears" to it so I can put a rod through the weights and secure them with a padlock for those few times when it is on a trailer and I stop for fuel, food, etc.

I searched for Kubota weights and was not very successful in finding them locally. I ended up ordering John Deere units and I painted them orange. :) They are 42 lbs. each and the bracket weighs around 10 lbs. It really helps with stability climbing the hills.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

BobbyK

Equipment
1995 B2400
May 20, 2018
Petrolia, Ontario
Way to figure it out!
Welcome, post pic's of the weight bar if you have them.
If you did post a pic...it's not showing up.

BManFX4

Equipment
Apr 14, 2020
Loudon, TN
Thanks !!

That's weird - I inserted 4 pictures in the post body and they show up for me??

EDIT - I uploaded them again and attached them to the post.

Last edited:

BobbyK

Equipment
1995 B2400
May 20, 2018
Petrolia, Ontario
Looks good!
200lb plus hanging off the front I think should help:D

Who cares if the weights are J/D.
I got two 85lb International Harvester suitcase wt's hanging off the rear of my J/D 317...ballast for the front mounted snowblower.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats pretty cool,,, the wheel weights on my BX came off a Cub

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Shoulda left ‘em Green. (Fewer people would want to steal them) :ROFLMAO:

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
I see you have a 2" hitch adapter on the front. Where did you source that - or did you fabricate it yourself?

SGT13

Equipment
Bx23s, CB05 bucket, GS05 scraper, Shop made ballast, hangers, & anchor pts
Sep 2, 2021
Arizona
Outstanding. Very simply. Since I needed an anchor point at the front I fabricated a receiver combo so that I could add a weight rack. Didn't care much for the cost of weights so I used some reclaimed brake disks and made up some brackets to hook em on. The disks also hook on the 3 point ballast.

Attachments

BManFX4

Equipment
Apr 14, 2020
Loudon, TN
I see you have a 2" hitch adapter on the front. Where did you source that - or did you fabricate it yourself?
I made it myself. I used the factory holes for mounting - I don't want to drill the frame.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Nice Job!

I like that you did not have to drill new holes for it. I always try to avoid that as well.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Outstanding. Very simply. Since I needed an anchor point at the front I fabricated a receiver combo so that I could add a weight rack. Didn't care much for the cost of weights so I used some reclaimed brake disks and made up some brackets to hook em on. The disks also hook on the 3 point ballast.
Very elegant solution Devil Dog!

Nice welding and fab work for sure.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hi everyone. I am a new member here and I am enjoying reading various posts so far.

I use my 2380 mostly for mowing my property (2 acres or so of grass, 1 acre of woods). The side and rear is pretty steep so I started looking into adding weights to the front. The Kubota weight bracket the dealer had made me lose the brush guard. Since I prepare deer plots with this BX the brush guard is a must. Searching on the Internet did not produce any results that met my requirements so I broke out the MIG machine and made my own bracket.

I used factory holes in the frame to mount it so I didn't have to drill it and the brush guard opens without interference as well. I am going to add "ears" to it so I can put a rod through the weights and secure them with a padlock for those few times when it is on a trailer and I stop for fuel, food, etc.

I searched for Kubota weights and was not very successful in finding them locally. I ended up ordering John Deere units and I painted them orange. :) They are 42 lbs. each and the bracket weighs around 10 lbs. It really helps with stability climbing the hills.
EXCELLENT !!!!