Highlight OLD thread dates In RED?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I see the value of old threads. There are some great and helpful ones.

But I seem to start reading threads that are actually resurrected after many years, without realizing it. This is not a bad thing, but I get a negative feeling when I reach the last post, which simply says
"me too".

Is there any easy way to highlight the original thread start date, IF IT IS Maybe 5 OR MORE YEARS old, so we can at least know it is not a current thread?

Again, old threads are meaningful and helpful. Just that resurrecting them to say "me too" and without any other purpose, just make me wish I at least had some warning...

Reactions: 1 user

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Are the new posts done by new members with barely any posts? Curious if paid posters are resurrecting old threads to boost traffic. Seen it before when a busy website was sold.

I also know I’m new but I do have a tractor!

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Some forums want people to research old posts instead of making new posts, and others want you to start a new post even though the question has been asked and answered a dozen times. Not certain what the administrators of this forum want. One forum that I frequent has post suggestions as you enter the title of the thread. These suggestions are direct links to similar threads. That forum has over 50,000 members, and it is difficult to keep up with all the new posts. I believe that is why they want you to search first.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
There is no real option in the software for that Henro...

But there is an option that provides a warning that it's an older thread and to consider starting a new one, but it does not appear to be enabled here on OTT, here it is what it looks like on GTT:

Capture.PNG

Now, when an old thread is replied to it is no longer an "older thread" since the last post has a current date. And even with the warning, there are still plenty of "me too" posts happening on GTT, as well as someone trying to help the OP with a years old issue.

Reactions: 1 user