HI guys new to site

3/D archery

Equipment
Kubota bx25dlb
Aug 1, 2021
LI NY
Issue need to know where to get replacement tank fitting which fuel hoses connect to
For bx25. Pulled tank fuel sensor rusted out ,changed it. Cleaned out tank , then removed fitting all four had rust in them .
Besides finding out where to get fittings , what is a good fuel additive for condensation ?
Spoke to Messicks in PA , they said part not listed ,they called Kubota ,was told they are part of buying a new tank , for $224 dollars
Which I truly find to be BS . Thanks for any help

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Take the old part to a machine shop and get an estimate as to the cost of having an new one made. I would consider brass or stainless steel for the replacement to avoid the rust issue in the future.
I use Power Service diesel fuel Supplement for years now, and have never had a fuel problem. I buy a gallon at a time, and just "estimate" how much I need for the tank of fuel. I am probably overdosing the fuel, but it causes no harm, and have never had a fuel issue in over 15 years. I also have dedicated fuel containers, and I never completely empty them to the bottom. When I get down to a few ounces at the bottom of the container, I pour that into a glass jug, and let it sit overnight. If there is any moisture in the fuel, it will settle out and show up as water at the bottom of the jug. If I find water in the fuel, I put some Power Service Diesel 911 to help eliminate the moisture. I have a BX tractor, so there is no water trap, and I have never had a need for one. If I had a bigger machine, or a problem, I would add one to the tractor, but so far, I have been very lucky without one.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Issue need to know where to get replacement tank fitting which fuel hoses connect to
For bx25. Pulled tank fuel sensor rusted out ,changed it. Cleaned out tank , then removed fitting all four had rust in them .
Besides finding out where to get fittings , what is a good fuel additive for condensation ?
Spoke to Messicks in PA , they said part not listed ,they called Kubota ,was told they are part of buying a new tank , for $224 dollars
Scag mowers uses the same fitting and grommet in their hydrostat oil and fuel tanks on most models of zero turn ad stand on units.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
Some of the fuel additives cause water condensate to "slide off" the fuel filter and drop to the bottom of the filter housing where they can be drained out. There is a management practice that is quite simple and, while nothing eliminates condensation, it can be minimized. Try to keep your tank as near to full as you can, especially when the tractor is not used for long periods of time. This reduces the ullage so less air, with attendant moisture, enters the tank due to normal barometric pressure changes.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I use acetone to keep my fuel dry. I put 1 ounce of acetone per 5-7 gallons of diesel in the spring-summer and 1 ounce acetone per 3-5 gallons of diesel in the fall-winter.