Help with Snowpusher selection

Damian

Equipment
2015 Kubota L6060, FEL, Backhoe, HLA Pallet Fork
Jan 24, 2021
Petawawa, On, Canada
Hey, New to the tractor world and just picked up a L6060. I live up in Canada and decided to purchase a 7' HLA 2500 pusher with backdrag as it was in stock. Got home and in 5 mins realized something wasn't right. It can push but i have zero steer once its in float. Couple questions.

Is this to heavy for this tractor?

What is the best suited HLA pusher for this model?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I have the same pusher in the 1800 series - it’s a great pusher.
  1. What kind of tires do you have and are they filled?
  2. How about counterweight? How heavy is it?
  3. How’s your cutting edge set? Steel, rubber or poly?
I’ve found that I’m ok in float until the box is mostly full and as soon as I feel the loss of steering - bump it out of float and raise it incrementally until you’ve regained steering.

I’ve had to use 4WD a few times also. I have R4’s, not filled and around 900# ballast box. I am going to groove my tires this summer. I have the rubber cutting edge set about 3/8” below the shoes. I have UHMW edge on the backdrag.

View attachment 53875 View attachment 53876 View attachment 53875 View attachment 53876

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Have more trouble with phots from this iPad. Sorry for doubles.

Damian

Equipment
2015 Kubota L6060, FEL, Backhoe, HLA Pallet Fork
Jan 24, 2021
Petawawa, On, Canada
I have the same pusher in the 1800 series - it’s a great pusher.
  1. What kind of tires do you have and are they filled?
  2. How about counterweight? How heavy is it?
  3. How’s your cutting edge set? Steel, rubber or poly?
I’ve found that I’m ok in float until the box is mostly full and as soon as I feel the loss of steering - bump it out of float and raise it incrementally until you’ve regained steering.

I’ve had to use 4WD a few times also. I have R4’s, not filled and around 900# ballast box. I am going to groove my tires this summer. I have the rubber cutting edge set about 3/8” below the shoes. I have UHMW edge on the backdrag.

View attachment 53875 View attachment 53876 View attachment 53875 View attachment 53876
Hey, New to the tractor world and just picked up a L6060. I live up in Canada and decided to purchase a 7' HLA 2500 pusher with backdrag as it was in stock. Got home and in 5 mins realized something wasn't right. It can push but i have zero steer once its in float. Couple questions.

Is this to heavy for this tractor?

What is the best suited HLA pusher for this model?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. It has AG tires and i believe they are loaded but unsure how much. I have a Backhoe attached to the rear so im guessing thats enough counterweight. As for the cutting blade i'll have to check that today and see.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Thanks for the reply. It has AG tires and i believe they are loaded but unsure how much. I have a Backhoe attached to the rear so im guessing thats enough counterweight. As for the cutting blade i'll have to check that today and see.
BH as counterweight (assuming BH92) is just over 2,000 lbs. and plenty. If you have a steel or poly edge be careful setting the depth. I’m not thinking you want it below your skid shoes or it will stop you cold on even small pavement heaves - better have seatbelt on.

If you let us know what kind of surface you’re trying to plow lots of others have experience with gravel, stone etc. I only plow paved surfaces except for where I plow part of my yard for our pugs. The rubber edge needs to squeegee a little so I can get to bare pavement first pass as it’s worthless on packed snow.

Your 2500 pusher weighs about the same as mine. Weights shown are without back drag. My bare weight is 555# I figure my back drag of solid steel has to weigh at least 150#. IF you have a back drag on that model it doesn’t go full height.

Ag tires may be part of your problem. If you can chain them it would help. Others will concur “float” is not really at its best in forward movement so you’ll have to go in and out with it.

569E8C8D-3207-445E-B5C6-2908050CEF60.jpeg

Let us know after you try a couple different things. The Grand L is a great tractor!

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Hello, nice set up you have! I’ve been trying to justify that same pusher :)
Do you have the box ‘curled’ down at all, maybe it’s too much ‘angle of attack’ of the cutting edge but in float you’d think it would just ride up. I don’t use float with the bucket while plowing snow tho.....
Are you in 4WD?
Ag tires suck on ice. Or on hard packed snow. I slip and slide around with a snowblower on back while pushing snow with the bucket.
I’m sure your area is similar to ours, the town streets are snow packed all winter. Slippery on Ag tires. I tried towing my loaded dump trailer around on the snow packed roads and a few trips later I decided I either need new tires (Nokian Snows) or studs (screw in studs are available). Having a trailer push you down a hill is no fun. Neither is spinning out in 4WD going up a hill and just hoping you can spin/twist yourself to the gravel shoulder and hook up.....

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
You’re losing the ability to steer because you are taking too much weight off the front axle. Floating a snow pusher works well with a skid steer, not so much with a tractor.

Either lift the pusher a little so you get some weight back on the front axle or learn how to steer with the rear brakes.

I would also take the BH off. That is contributing to a lack of weight on the front axle.