Help With Measurement of B2601 TLB

Equipment
B2601 TLB
Feb 22, 2021
Deerfield, NJ
I have a new B2601 getting prepped at my local dealer. Getting the 435 loader with 54" bucket and the BH70 backhoe. They have everything but the backhoe attachment so I'm not able to take the measurement myself. I'm hoping one, or two, of you could help me.

I would like to get a measurement, from front to back, or back to front, of the tractor with the loader flat on the ground, and the backhoe with the bucket down on the ground, like in a trailering situation.

I've searched everywhere I've thought of to look, but cant find this measurement. If anyone could help, it would be very much appreciated.

Oh, and why am I looking for this? I'm looking at trailers, dual axle, 16 or 18 foot, and don't want to buy something too small, or overly big.

Thanks for any assistance.

Edit: The total length with hoe flat on the ground is approximately 16' 6".

With the hoe curled in regular daily operating position, the overall length is approximately 16'.

Last edited:

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
My backhoe is at my dads in the garage (so it’s not in the elements), so I can’t give you the exact measurement, but we have a 20’ trailer (18’+2’ dovetail) and it’s great. 18’ might work but if you have the choice get a 20’. I wouldn’t go 16’ unless it was free.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I don't have a BH70, but I do trailer the machine quite a bit with implements on the back and the bucket on the front. I'm sure someone will be by with the measurement you're looking for.

However, I will suggest a 20-foot trailer. It is the perfect fit for the 2601. I think a 16-foot trailer is not enough. I bought a 16' PJ brand new from the dealer up in Newton NJ, and sold it a month later for a 20 footer, lesson learned.

Welcome to the forum and congrats! When are you taking delivery? Which dealer did you use in NJ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Equipment
B2601 TLB
Feb 22, 2021
Deerfield, NJ
Welcome to the forum and congrats! When are you taking delivery? Which dealer did you use in NJ?
Roork's in Elmer, NJ. Dan Roork quoted me prices on a couple different tractor packages, and all quotes were the cheapest compared to 3 to 4 other dealers.

They're expecting to get the backhoe by the second week of March, so by mid/end of March I should have some orange metal on my property.

Reactions: 1 users

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
You can see in my photo the pallet forks at the front of the trailer. Those are 42”. So basically the backhoe, tractor, loader/bucket are probably 16’-17’. An 18’ gives you little to no room for adjusting weight or throwing anything else on with the tractor (tiller, etc)

I’d go 20’ for sure

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
that is awesome 0080, looking forward to your delivery here

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
not OP but similar set up to what you are asking about. I towed my 2601 with my 2020 5.0 F150. It did a great job, was effortless and comfortable. I did have to pay attention to how the trailer was loaded regarding tongue weight. There seem to be a ton of guys here who tow with their ecoboosts as well.

I now tow with 6.7 F250, totally overkill, and love it. It is night and day in some respects to the F150 and it doesnt care how the trailer is loaded.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
What size engine do you have in the truck and do you like it ? I am shopping for a new one myself. Lots of turbo charged small displacement offerings these days. Not sure I am interested in them. Almost bought your "sister ship" . Love the Velocity Blue.
I have the 5.0L. The 3.5L Eco is the better motor from a pure torque/towing perspective. I’m a muscle car guy and like V8s so I got that. But if you don’t care what’s under the hood good with the 3.5 or 2.7 depending on your towing needs. Don’t be fooled by people saying they are more complicated or turbos are risky. Those motors are stout and aren’t any more complicated than the 5.0L. This isn’t 1980s turbos.

Note that some 2018-20 5.0L use oil. Mine will chew up about 1.5-2qts during the standard 8k mile interval. Ford says it’s fine but it’s sort of annoying. They changed something in 2018, and it’s like they knew consumption would be an issue because they also happened to up the oil capacity from 7.8 to 8.8 quarts. You can do some digging on that, lots of threads about it on the F150 forums.

I really like the truck. I love Mopars (Ram), but in the rust belt the aluminum body of the F150 is king.

Equipment
B2601 TLB
Feb 22, 2021
Deerfield, NJ
Ill be towing whatever trailer I get with a '17 F150 5.0 with trailer tow package.

BIL has a 5 ton dump trailer that I've had hitched up a few times and loaded pretty much full. The F150 hasn't shown much reluctance in pulling it along wherever we needed to go. So, I see no problem with towing the B, no matter what size trailer I end up with.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I have the 5.0L. The 3.5L Eco is the better motor from a pure torque/towing perspective. I’m a muscle car guy and like V8s so I got that. But if you don’t care what’s under the hood good with the 3.5 or 2.7 depending on your towing needs. Don’t be fooled by people saying they are more complicated or turbos are risky. Those motors are stout and aren’t any more complicated than the 5.0L. This isn’t 1980s turbos.

Note that some 2018-20 5.0L use oil. Mine will chew up about 1.5-2qts during the standard 8k mile interval. Ford says it’s fine but it’s sort of annoying. They changed something in 2018, and it’s like they knew consumption would be an issue because they also happened to up the oil capacity from 7.8 to 8.8 quarts. You can do some digging on that, lots of threads about it on the F150 forums.

I really like the truck. I love Mopars (Ram), but in the rust belt the aluminum body of the F150 is king.
Here in Pittsburgh I also find the aluminum body attractive. The salesman told me the eco-boost engines were super reliable when I asked. To me that's like asking a barber if you need a haircut. Thanks for the confirmation. I have been on the Ford forums lots of good info.

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Ill be towing whatever trailer I get with a '17 F150 5.0 with trailer tow package.

BIL has a 5 ton dump trailer that I've had hitched up a few times and loaded pretty much full. The F150 hasn't shown much reluctance in pulling it along wherever we needed to go. So, I see no problem with towing the B, no matter what size trailer I end up with.
Sounds like the perfect tow rig. Mine handles it really well.

Mjinpa

Equipment
B2601
Jun 30, 2020
Pennsylvania
A 16 works fine. Not sure why others are saying otherwise. I have no issues at all. Swing backhoe to side and drop bucket to the deck.