Help with L2600DT Hydraulic Fluid Change Please

Zeeman

Equipment
2600DT bush hog, disk, plow, fork, 16' trailer
Jul 12, 2011
Bartow County, GA USA
Hello Friends,
I am hoping someone has a L2600DT or knowledge of one can help.
I want to make sure I have all the hydraulic fluid removed. This is a 4 wheel drive.
I have drained what seems to be about 5+ gallons out from the 24mm drain plug in the transmission.
Is there another drain(s) and where would they be located?
Thank you very much for your time.

Zeeman

Equipment
2600DT bush hog, disk, plow, fork, 16' trailer
Jul 12, 2011
Bartow County, GA USA
I believe I have located all the drain locations, but need to know for sure if hydraulic fluid goes in the front axle/differential.

Also, what grade of hydraulic oil would this early 2000s tractor use.

Thanks.

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
Zeeman, I may be way off base here since I'm not familiar with your model of Kubota. So, use this information to help with further research.

I have a 2004 Kubota BX and may not be comparable but the front axle/differential does not contain hydraulic fluid. The front axle uses SAE 80 or 90 gear oil. There are drain bolts on each side. Maybe this info will help you with your model.

There has been a lot of discussing the kind of hydraulic fluid to use. The consensus is that Kubota brand is logical. For the difference in price, it is not worth a potential problem within
that hydraulic system.

Tractor Gal

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Hello Friends,
I am hoping someone has a L2600DT or knowledge of one can help.
I want to make sure I have all the hydraulic fluid removed. This is a 4 wheel drive.
I have drained what seems to be about 5+ gallons out from the 24mm drain plug in the transmission.
Is there another drain(s) and where would they be located?
Thank you very much for your time.
An Owners Manual or WSM is very useful for this information. Many Kubotas of that size have additional drain plugs, one on each final drive out near the tire. They don't drain much more oil, but they are at the lowest point, so water, sludge, etc collect there.