Help - M5700 CatII Hitch to 3 point

Tim

Feb 15, 2010
Tampa, Florida USA
I have a M5700 that came with a backhoe and only had the CatII hitch, no 3 point. I have a Bush Hog mower that is set up for 3 point only. I would like to know what my options are for connecting the 3 point mower, and other 3 point implements as acquired. I checked with Kubota and they quoted me $2000+ for the hardware to convert CatII to 3 point. I have seen brand x conversion kits for up to 45hp for under $200. It appears that their are two side links, one top link, two lift arms, two sway chains. Am I missing something? How can Kubota charge $2000+ if that is all the necessary hardware? Is it practical to purchase a adjustable side link and top link and fabricate the rest? I sure would appreciate hearing from those who know.
Thanks in advance,
Tim

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Category 2 and 3 Point Hitch are not comparable. The Category is a subfactor of the 3 PH. The 3 PH comes in Category 0, 1, 2, and 3, all of which have different measurements.

When the backhoe came off, I'm guessing that you have a bare butt on your tractor with no lower arms and top link.

There is no special reason to get the arms from Kubota unless your blood runs orange.

If you buy a Category 2, 3 PH then you can use bushings to reduce it to Category 1 which is the style most implements come in. Then if you happen to run across a Category 2 attachment you are all set. There is no simple way to convert a Category 1 to a Category 2.

This link will provide more information. Click INFO at the top and then Tractor Three Point Lift Types on the left side of the next page. Especially see the picture at the bottom of the resulting page.

http://www.tractorsmart.com/enter.htm

Last edited:

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Tim,
Here is some information that will supplement GWD's post. It's some stuff I looked up after I got schooled on 3 point operation a while back :D

The two charts are somewhat redundant but there are some differances.

Scott

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Nice post traildust - very handy!
Thank you Mr. K, I very much appreciate your kind note.

I also would like to thank you for creating this forum. I am learning a lot and meeting some really great people along the way.

Scott