Help. LA723 loader cable adjustment???

JBALLEN

Equipment
LA723
May 3, 2022
Indiana
I had to cut the joystick cables on an LA723 to get them off the loader. I installed the new cables that run from the joystick to the loaders hydraulic control valve. There is to much play/slop in the joystick now. I can't figure out how to adjust the cable length without just trial and error, assembly/disassembly repeatedly. There's gotta be a better way?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
This is a generic reply. You decide if it fits.

Most joysticks operating cables have a lock to prevent inadvertent joystick movement especially when driving on the road.
Engage the lock.
Disconnect the cables from the spool valves.
Now the valve spools should be in line and in their neutral position.
Adjust the cables where they attached to the loader valve so that the ends of the cable are in line with the holes in the ends of the valve spools.

Now put the pins back in securing the cables to the spools.

Dave

JBALLEN

Equipment
LA723
May 3, 2022
Indiana
This is a generic reply. You decide if it fits.

Most joysticks operating cables have a lock to prevent inadvertent joystick movement especially when driving on the road.
Engage the lock.
Disconnect the cables from the spool valves.
Now the valve spools should be in line and in their neutral position.
Adjust the cables where they attached to the loader valve so that the ends of the cable are in line with the holes in the ends of the valve spools.

Now put the pins back in securing the cables to the spools.

Dave
Thanks for info but the LA723 cables don't attach to anything before they are attached to the valve (no bracket). The cable and it's sleeve are inside a cover that prevents access to the cable ends requiring repeated disassembly and reassembly for a trial and error method. I'm going to attempt attaching a photo. There's gotta be a better way?

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks for info but the LA723 cables don't attach to anything before they are attached to the valve (no bracket). The cable and it's sleeve are inside a cover that prevents access to the cable ends requiring repeated disassembly and reassembly for a trial and error method. I'm going to attempt attaching a photo. There's gotta be a better way?
Cable adjustment is not done at the rod and clevis connection inside the housing. You screw that in and lock it. The adjustment is done at the point where the outer sheath screws into the housing.

Dan