Help finalizing / clearing up a few things

Fly5guy

Equipment
LX2610 Cab, R14's filled, LA535, SGC0660, PFL1242, RCR1860, LR1672, STB1072
Apr 14, 2022
I'm getting close to having to finalizing my tractor purchase and am hoping for some advice. I'm getting a LX2610 with a cab. First question is, should I get the land pride qh15 quick hitch? Its $600. I have looked at the speeco hitch as well as Titan. Both are around 1/2 the price. I understand I need to use bushings for the Titan. I have access to other attachments and not sure if I want to pigeon hole myself into only cat 1 pins but honestly I have no idea if this is even going to be an issue. Any other reasons to get one over the other? Or do I go the fast change hitch system route which is even cheaper?

I am going to buy the Kubota insurance, it seems pretty reasonable for the coverage, but what about the extended warranty? 2 extra years on the tractor and the loader for like $1700. My understanding is it already has 2 year bumper to bumper and 6yr powertrain. Is the money worth getting 2 more years? Does it really cover everything? What is considered normal wear and tear and is not covered? What's everyone's take on this? Yea or Neh?

I am getting the 60" B2372 bucket. Which is called the light material bucket on my quote. I believe this is the bucket I saw when I was at the dealer and it seemed fairly stout but how "light" are we talking here for steel thickness? Is it going to hold up? I also want to get a tooth bar that is able to be removed fairly easily. I am looking at the heavy hitch. Any other recommendations? Want it for digging dirt / clay. I don't think the piranha is what I am after.

Any other items you guys just would not want to be without? I am getting a rotary cutter, pallet forks and a grapple w 3rd function, Liquid ballast, I am going to make a barrel ballast as well, block heater, R14 tires and wheel spacers. I am planning on buying a king cutter 3pt landscape rake more locally and I have a JD tiller to use already as well as a rear blade.

Thanks for any suggestions / recommendations

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
You probably don't need a class 2 hitch. I have a speeco QH and it has interference issues with the PTO on some implements and doesn't fit all my attachments.

If it floats your boat get the extended insurance. I never bother as I know half the cost is commission to the sales guy and if something is going to go wrong it will likely happen in the standard warranty period. Spend the money for something you need like hydraulic remotes.

Don't worry about metal thickness on your bucket. I'd probably get the piranha bar.

I would recommend making sure you have loader QA plus 1 front and 3 rear hydraulic remotes. It's cheaper to get the remotes now than later. Consider ordering a TNT kit.

If you can upgrade the seat and go air ride. OEM seats suck if you are more than 5 feet tall and weigh more than 99 lbs.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day and congrats…almost(be here soon enough). Only comment I would offer is that if buying a QH, is it applicable with the implements you want to hook up and will you be storing them on flat ground / concrete? I am not sure the details of the model you are looking at but adjustable link arms are handy…I do not have a QH on my B, so those link arms are appreciated. If you do not have a flat place to store the implements I question in many cases would it be easier without the QH? That being said I love the QH on MX, however if implement dropped off the concrete for convenience it is not convenient when I need to pick back up. 😉.

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
I have a speeco qh in my lx2610 and have no issues using it with my rcr1260 cutter or wc-68 chipper.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I have the telescoping lift arms on my MX and think its better than a quick hitch. Is that option available.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
No snow moving equipment?
And if your doing a heavy hitch, no need for a ballast barrel!
And you'll never use an implement that uses Cat 2 pins, they would be too heavy for an LX.

Last edited:

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I am getting the 60" B2372 bucket. Which is called the light material bucket on my quote. I believe this is the bucket I saw when I was at the dealer and it seemed fairly stout but how "light" are we talking here for steel thickness? Is it going to hold up? I also want to get a tooth bar that is able to be removed fairly easily. I am looking at the heavy hitch. Any other recommendations? Want it for digging dirt / clay. I don't think the piranha is what I am after.
Buckets are for scooping and moving material, and the 60" is a great choice. They are not for digging dirt/clay. A good toothbar (piranha seems to be the most popular) can dig some, but limited to an inch or two at a time unless it's very loose dirt. If you really intend to "dig in clay" with your tractor, consider a backhoe. If you intend to move piles of dirt/clay, the bucket will do.

Good luck with your new toyool, it's a good workhorse.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You probably don't need a class 2 hitch. I have a speeco QH and it has interference issues with the PTO on some implements and doesn't fit all my attachments.

If it floats your boat get the extended insurance. I never bother as I know half the cost is commission to the sales guy and if something is going to go wrong it will likely happen in the standard warranty period. Spend the money for something you need like hydraulic remotes.

Don't worry about metal thickness on your bucket. I'd probably get the piranha bar.

I would recommend making sure you have loader QA plus 1 front and 3 rear hydraulic remotes. It's cheaper to get the remotes now than later. Consider ordering a TNT kit.

If you can upgrade the seat and go air ride. OEM seats suck if you are more than 5 feet tall and weigh more than 99 lbs.
Remotes.....absolutely YES!
Extended insurance.....a waste of money!

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Buckets are for scooping and moving material, and the 60" is a great choice. They are not for digging dirt/clay. A good toothbar (piranha seems to be the most popular) can dig some, but limited to an inch or two at a time unless it's very loose dirt. If you really intend to "dig in clay" with your tractor, consider a backhoe. If you intend to move piles of dirt/clay, the bucket will do.

Tillers are great to loosen the soil on a small machine (works great i a larger machine tool)to come back and scoop it. Better than a toothbar in my opinion to loosen soil so long as you already know if dealing with roots, rocks, or pure clay.

Fly5guy

Equipment
Apr 14, 2022

I'm sure you are correct on the class 2. I am now looking into the pats system, its much cheaper and anything I have I will need to hook up the pto anyways so hooking up the top link shouldn't be a big deal. I am getting the 3rd function up front. The seat is already the upgraded one which is adjustable for weight up to like 250 or 300lbs I believe.

What implements do you run that need rear remotes? For my use, I'm not sure I will need a rear remote but I may have just not seen the attachment I have to have.

Thanks for the response.

Fly5guy

Equipment
Apr 14, 2022
Good day and congrats…almost(be here soon enough). Only comment I would offer is that if buying a QH, is it applicable with the implements you want to hook up and will you be storing them on flat ground / concrete? I am not sure the details of the model you are looking at but adjustable link arms are handy…I do not have a QH on my B, so those link arms are appreciated. If you do not have a flat place to store the implements I question in many cases would it be easier without the QH? That being said I love the QH on MX, however if implement dropped off the concrete for convenience it is not convenient when I need to pick back up. 😉.
Luckily I have a large garage / pole barn I will be able to store everything in on pallets. Its just a gravel floor but its pretty flat. Plus, once I get the tractor I can fix any uneven spots. (y)

Fly5guy

Equipment
Apr 14, 2022
I have the telescoping lift arms on my MX and think its better than a quick hitch. Is that option available.
I am certainly going to look into it. Thanks.

Fly5guy

Equipment
Apr 14, 2022
No snow moving equipment?
And if your doing a heavy hitch, no need for a ballast barrel!
And you'll never use an implement that uses Cat 2 pins, they would be too heavy for an LX.
I have a back blade for the tractor already and I currently use a 4 wheeler and a plow with no issues. Bigger snow storms my father in law lives close and he plows us out but that only happened once this winter. We get strong winds and the majority of our driveway stays pretty clear surprisingly. A snowblower may be a future purchase.

I was referring to the Heavy Hitch tooth bar. I want a significant amount of ballast for using the grapple. I have not figured out how much is significant quite yet though.

Fly5guy

Equipment
Apr 14, 2022

I may have phrased that incorrectly. I have hills that are clay / gravel that I want to use for backstops. So essentially driving up to hills and scooping material.

Fly5guy

Equipment
Apr 14, 2022
Remotes.....absolutely YES!
Extended insurance.....a waste of money!
What attachments are you thinking of that my tractor could use that requires rear remotes? I just haven't seen any that I would need it for. I appreciate any suggestions. I am trying to buy once, cry once so I do want to get as much as I need.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I'm getting close to having to finalizing my tractor purchase and am hoping for some advice. I'm getting a LX2610 with a cab. First question is, should I get the land pride qh15 quick hitch? Its $600. I have looked at the speeco hitch as well as Titan. Both are around 1/2 the price. I understand I need to use bushings for the Titan. I have access to other attachments and not sure if I want to pigeon hole myself into only cat 1 pins but honestly I have no idea if this is even going to be an issue. Any other reasons to get one over the other? Or do I go the fast change hitch system route which is even cheaper?

I am going to buy the Kubota insurance, it seems pretty reasonable for the coverage, but what about the extended warranty? 2 extra years on the tractor and the loader for like $1700. My understanding is it already has 2 year bumper to bumper and 6yr powertrain. Is the money worth getting 2 more years? Does it really cover everything? What is considered normal wear and tear and is not covered? What's everyone's take on this? Yea or Neh?

Any other items you guys just would not want to be without? I am getting a rotary cutter, pallet forks and a grapple w 3rd function, Liquid ballast, I am going to make a barrel ballast as well, block heater, R14 tires and wheel spacers. I am planning on buying a king cutter 3pt landscape rake more locally and I have a JD tiller to use already as well as a rear blade.

Thanks for any suggestions / recommendations
Congrats on the purchase…almost anyway…it’s about all over except getting the money out(hardest part). Depending on your planned use…maybe consider pallet forks…if I could only have one attachment for my B, for me it would be forks. I think they are most versatile attachment, at least for me they are. I store anything I can on pallets and move with forks….so I use more than anything else. There are plenty of threads on forks if interested (do a simple search and you will be overwhelmed).

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
I was referring to the Heavy Hitch tooth bar. I want a significant amount of ballast for using the grapple. I have not figured out how much is significant quite yet though.
My box blade has proven to be enough ballast for the max weight my LX2610 loader/grapple can lift and haul on relatively flat ground. Tires not loaded.
86B50C4B-1FB7-4D59-B981-0018A4EC4198.jpeg

If the dealer is giving you good pricing on the 3rd function install then have at it but if not the install is pretty straightforward with no special tools. Also if they are doing it find out which kit they are using and make sure it has the features you want. My dealer only offered the Land Pride kit and wanted $800 for installation. How does a Kubota dealer not offer the Kubota kit?

Fly5guy

Equipment
Apr 14, 2022
Congrats on the purchase…almost anyway…it’s about all over except getting the money out(hardest part). Depending on your planned use…maybe consider pallet forks…if I could only have one attachment for my B, for me it would be forks. I think they are most versatile attachment, at least for me they are. I store anything I can on pallets and move with forks….so I use more than anything else. There are plenty of threads on forks if interested (do a simple search and you will be overwhelmed).
I am actually getting forks. I forgot to add that to the list I guess. Thanks

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
The 60" bucket has the same steel thickness as the 54" bucket. Kubota calls it "light material' because if you were to load it heaping full of wet sand the loader would not lift the load as it would be too much weight.
I got a quick hitch from the local farm & fleet store was $199 on a black Friday sale last year. made in India welds look good it weights 81 pounds and has an adjustable top hook.

I have the Kubota 3rd function on mine. The thing I like about it is the hard lines for where it runs along the loader arm. Also really like the control knob. What I'm not as fond of is the hose from the solenoid valve to the hard line is outside the loader frame. I haven't snagged the lines yet but that was the chief reason for not getting the swift tach option for the loader is my woods are pretty tight and my LX2610 is on the big side for working in the woods.

The rear remotes are pricey but I would get at least 1 so you can use a hydraulic top link. I have a 2nd remote but I do not use it near as much as I do the 1st one.

Also consider getting the tires loaded with RinGuard it makes a big difference in traction. I have the bigger Std L size 15-19.5 R4 tires on mine but you can only get them with a ROPS tractor. They will not clear the fenders on the cab version I am told. I got the ROPS because of all the tree branches I have to deal with. You might want to consider spacers with the Cab version as they tend to be more top heavy.

Just my $0.02
Dave

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
My box blade has proven to be enough ballast for the max weight my LX2610 loader/grapple can lift and haul on relatively flat ground. Tires not loaded. View attachment 78720

If the dealer is giving you good pricing on the 3rd function install then have at it but if not the install is pretty straightforward with no special tools. Also if they are doing it find out which kit they are using and make sure it has the features you want. My dealer only offered the Land Pride kit and wanted $800 for installation. How does a Kubota dealer not offer the Kubota kit?
Isn’t Land Pride owned by Kubota?