Hello from Oregon B2650 questions.

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
Hello,

Newbie to the forum here. I've been on many other forums for a couple of decades with different machines and hobbies and always find them to be very resourceful and also like to input my experiences and help others as well when possible.

In the process of purchasing a 2017 B2650 136 hrs.
It's equipped so far with a loader w/quick disco bucket
(a little smiley I need to fix and put on a hard edge)
canopy, rear 3pt quick detach, and pallet forks.
I already have a box scraper, post hole digger, rake.

I plan to add a 60" under mount mower and a backhoe/thumb.

Question: Am I really better off bucking up to the price for the BH77 (ouch) or are there others like BestCo or Woodmaxx that I would be happy with?

So far it's looking like the Kubota RCK 60 would be my better choice over other mowers for reliability/parts or am I incorrect?

Hard edge? Titan 1055 carbon 5/8"?

Thanks all!

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Welcome to the forums!

I have recently gone from NH blue to an orange B2650 myself.

Where the BH is an integral part of the machine, I would invest in the Kubota, they have it dialed in for the machine. At the end of the day though, it is metal and a few pistons. It could effect resale value down the road if that matters to you.

I am not sure on the mower, but again I would prefer the OEM given the choice.

That would be a good cutting edge. A lot of the guys here swear by the piranha tooth bar, I am thinking about adding one before I ruin the OEM one on it.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Welcome to OTT. Great choice in your machine selection (I may be a bit biased though).

BH- if you were to consider a 3rd party BH attachment, I'd suggest that you don't bother looking at any that are 3 point mounted. The rear end of a B series is simply not built to handle a BH 3 pt mounted to it (for regular usage). I'd definitely suggest the kubota BH77. It's a beast and has a very easy to use and beefy BH mounting cradle. You can have it on/off the tractor in a few minutes.

I have the kubota mechanical thumb, not hydraulic. It works just fine and there's no additional hydraulic connections necessary. It simply depends on how much you really need one and if your willing to shell out the additional dollars for it. Think about what size bucket would best suit your needs as well. I think that the 16 inch is likely the most common size found on the BH77.

Mower- just be aware that the mid mount mower on the BXX50 series is a ground following mower. It runs on wheels unlike the suspended decks of the smaller B and bx series. If you had the space and weren't concerned about obstacles, I'd suggest a rear finish mower or flail mower.

Cutting bar, many options. I have both an ATI toothbar and the piranha. They both work well.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your new machine.

Reactions: 1 user

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Another B2650 guy from western Oregon here. I thought about the MMM, but went with a rear flail for convenience. I’m no help on the backhoe, as I will need one so rarely. I’ll just rent a machine if I ever need one. I can’t imagine how much I’d need to use one to justify the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
Great info.
I was caught between purchasing the BX23S at first mainly due to the maneuverability as I have some tight turn and limited space areas to mow where the B2650 will be tight but doable.

However due to the size of my property, type of work it will do with loader and BH, with sloped terraced terrain, 30 acres with some clearing and about 6-7 acres to mow I decided on the MMM and the B2650, the rear 3pt mower just wouldn't cut it to my liking for a finish cut and getting into tight areas.

Yeah feel the OEM mower would be best and still on the fence with the BH however it would probably be in my best interest to keep OEM as well.

Not sure how difficult either are to install however I negotiated a heck of a deal for a cash n' carry deal on a pallet and do it myself.
I do most all of the mechanical work anyway on my other machines and toys.

Last edited:

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
If you want to know what's involved in installing the BH77 on the tractor, including the backhoe mounting kit onto tractor, you can download the BH77 assembly instructions BY CLICKING HERE

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
I bought a B2650 with the BH77 last summer and it is a nice combo. I have the MMM 60" deck as well.

I would definitely recommend the BH over a 3rd party, either way they are expensive purchases and if you plan to use the back hoe a fair amount it is better to have it attached with the frame properly, plus with the disconnect built the way Kubota has it makes it easy to pop it on and off. I had it down to under 3 minutes when I put it away last fall.

The mower deck is solid seems durable I only ran it a couple times though before I put it away. Not as easy to attach and remove but using the bucket to lift the front end makes it easier. I only ever ran with it attached when I was using it as I was doing a fair amount of dirt work last year and I didn't want the deck getting banged up

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
I bought a B2650 with the BH77 last summer and it is a nice combo. I have the MMM 60" deck as well.

I would definitely recommend the BH over a 3rd party, either way they are expensive purchases and if you plan to use the back hoe a fair amount it is better to have it attached with the frame properly, plus with the disconnect built the way Kubota has it makes it easy to pop it on and off. I had it down to under 3 minutes when I put it away last fall.

The mower deck is solid seems durable I only ran it a couple times though before I put it away. Not as easy to attach and remove but using the bucket to lift the front end makes it easier. I only ever ran with it attached when I was using it as I was doing a fair amount of dirt work last year and I didn't want the deck getting banged up
How do you like the MMM for finish, and why did you choose that over the rear?

I have a lot of terrace and some uneven terrain and tight areas. I'm used to a traditional 54" rider mower for my finish cutting and hoping a MMM on the B2650 will come close.

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC

I have a lot of terrace and some uneven terrain and tight areas. I'm used to a traditional 54" rider mower for my finish cutting and hoping a MMM on the B2650 will come close.
I only have a few cuts with it but it cuts nice, new blades and all. I had dropped the FEL and BH and so I was basically running a super sized lawn tractor. I went with the mid mount mainly because of space and and turn radius, and the price, I think that the rear would probably be a nicer cut with less wind rows but i only mow a small area maybe 1.5 acres. The majority of my mowing is with the rotary cutter in the fields.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

I have a B1750HSDT with 60" MMM and a B3350 with 72" MMM. Both are terrain following decks, which are more versatile and more forgiving of heavy grass than are the suspended decks. They are also more maneuverable and take up less storage space than do three point mounted finish mowers.

Both 60" and 72" MMMs are available for the 2650. Which is the best choice for your situation depends upon multiple factors.

No, a compact tractor with MMM is not a ZTR but is considerably more maneuverable than is a compact tractor with three point mounted finish mower, and it will mow tough terrain that a ZTR will not touch.

SDT

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Great info.
I was caught between purchasing the BX23S at first mainly due to the maneuverability as I have some tight turn and limited space areas to mow where the B2650 will be tight but doable.

However due to the size of my property, type of work it will do with loader and BH, with sloped terraced terrain, 30 acres with some clearing and about 6-7 acres to mow I decided on the MMM and the B2650, the rear 3pt mower just wouldn't cut it to my liking for a finish cut and getting into tight areas.

Yeah feel the OEM mower would be best and still on the fence with the BH however it would probably be in my best interest to keep OEM as well.

Not sure how difficult either are to install however I negotiated a heck of a deal for a cash n' carry deal on a pallet and do it myself.
I do most all of the mechanical work anyway on my other machines and toys.
If you need a grass catcher bag for that 2650 mmm, check ahead that it will fit with the bh77 backhoe subframe in place.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Terrain Twister

Equipment
B2650, RTV-X1100C
Nov 17, 2018
Heron, MT
I pondered the BH77 myself when we purchased last year. Ironically, the wife talked me into it and I have to say I now listen to her even more :eek:. Yes, even at the price Kubota charges for it, it has been worth every penny to us.

For a mower, I didn't need a finish mower and with the terrain we have, the flail (BETSTCO FH-EFG135) has worked out exceptional.

FWIW, all my attachments except the mower are Kubota/Land Pride.

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
Got a BX25 here with BH. If you are looking at cost, there are many used back hoes out there from people that bought there machine, did there jobs on the property and just no longer have a use for the hoe.

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
Got a BX25 here with BH. If you are looking at cost, there are many used back hoes out there from people that bought there machine, did there jobs on the property and just no longer have a use for the hoe.
Yes, if you see one I'm looking for the BH77. looks like we're in somewhat of the same territory.

I got lucky on a 60" mower. A local dealer had a 2 year old take off from a trade in tractor that was never used. Got it for $2000 along with an extra set of blades, belt and a season warranty other wise it would have been dang near $3000 for a new one with the extra blades and belt.

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
It's been a year now since I purchased my B2650 and I really like it!

I was used to my 72HP Deutz Allis 6275 4wd which is a power house and could move a mountain, the versatility and ability of the B2650 to do both small and medium duty work is perfect!

I installed the Piranha tooth bar which makes the cutting edge work great for many applications.
Graded a long driveway, ripped and graded new trails after clearing with the bucket.
Cleared and flatten 30X40 area, carried and spread gravel, have used my pallet forks many times.
Purchased the 60" MMM and works like a dream, glad I didn't go with the rear.
Have a posthole digger and and several other attachments.
Just bought a Bestco 5" Chipper that I haven't assembled, I've read on arborist forums the work really good for the $$. The recent ice storm left a huge amount of damage on my 30 acres and I can use the chips!

Question, has anyone has purchased the Bestco backhoe?
They are self contained, no need to install a 3rd remote and the are about $4000 less than the BH77
From the looks and build, they seem to be just as strong if not stronger.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Just bought a Bestco 5" Chipper that I haven't assembled, I've read on arborist forums the work really good for the $$. The recent ice storm left a huge amount of damage on my 30 acres and I can use the chips!
when you use this for a little bit, can you do a review on the forum detailing it and if you are happy with it

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
when you use this for a little bit, can you do a review on the forum detailing it and if you are happy with it
Will do that for sure.... should be soon.

This little B2650 will be doing an overshare of work this spring/summer.

Just assessed my outlaying areas of my property from the ice storm here in Oregon...... I literally came back in tears, devastated.....😢 30 years of work completely destroyed with trees uprooted or broken on over 20+ of the wooded acreage, all the roads and trails heavily blocked. Now I see and feel for when a tornado or wildfire hits. It will take a minimum of a D6 and 6-8 months to do the clearing. Of course I don't have a D6 anymore......

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
Been putting the BESTCO VLWCX 5" chipper to hard work for several days and it's a beast, sucks in and spits out what it's advertised to do. One of the heaviest flywheels you can for the size get at 115lbs, most others are 90lb. The bearings are massive, and everything appears heavy duty and high quality.
Chipper.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 user