Hello from Newfoundland

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Kind of found the place by looking around YouTube. Some great video's from the boys here so I figured I'd drop by and register. I bought a new Kubota 4240 Grand L series Cabed tractor last Augest and use it only for snow clearing. It has the 854 FEL. A L2674 Kubota blower in the rear and a number of cool additions I did with it to improve how it looks and work.

I'll be dropping by from time to time to see what's going on. Happy tractoring everyone!

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Wildfire, welcome to the forums. Thank you for signing up and sharing your pics! "KIOTI KILLER"! LOL! Funny! We'll have to have some of those decals made up too! Glad to see another Canuck on the site.

Some good looking equipment you've got there, you're all setup! I'm jealous as hell! :D

Wildfire

Equipment
Wildfire, welcome to the forums. Thank you for signing up and sharing your pics! "KIOTI KILLER"! LOL! Funny! We'll have to have some of those decals made up too! Glad to see another Canuck on the site.

Some good looking equipment you've got there, you're all setup! I'm jealous as hell! :D
Thanks Mr.K. The "Kioti Killer" was put there for a reason. I had a Kioti ordered until I took a real close look at both the Kioti and the Kubota and as you can see the Kubota won. It killed the sale of the Kioti so that's where the "Kioti Killer" name came from.

Glad you liked the tractor. I got 90 hours on it now.
I custom built the top light bar to put the strobe light on.

I designed and machined the caps out of aluminum to install on the FEL pipes so those areas can now be used for storage.

Even though the tractor is a Grand L, Kubota didn't see the need for a delay wiper system so I have installed a moisture sensor on the windshield so if there's any rain or snow detected the wiper will wipe automatically and there's no need to be reaching up to turn the wiper on and off all the time. It do still have an over ride switch that can be turned off and then can be used in a normal manner.

I also converted my truck plow to adapt to the skid steer system and it works perfectly. All the lights except the top flood lamps have been switched over to LED's.

There's also special LEDights on the rear of the blower that I installed.

If you look at the front of the plow you'll notice there's two side lights. I made the pots and installed two Grote Super Nova LED's to light up the side of the tractor so when I have the FEL out in the street oncoming traffic will have no trouble seeing me.

I've also installed a reverse camera that has a 7 inch LCD monitor and is also inferred. I fabricated a special bracket that's up on the left rear flood light and it's a great addition to the tractor. You'll also notice on each side of the monitor that there's two pods. On one side there's a outside digital temp gauge and the other is a digital volt gauge. I've done a few more other things but this will give you an idea of what I've done.

I attached a few YouTube video's to bore you with:D. I was looking around there this morning when I found your video's and I have to say I was more than impressed with them. Great job.

I've posted my fabrication work on a few other sites but I didn't see a section on here to do that so I won't but you have a nice site here. Congrats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c58Hu7XRf0&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFDbrW7ThXw&feature=channel_page

This is a very short vid of the side lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi6OOWYiLJU&feature=channel

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Wow! Awesome vids! That rain sensor works pretty well and your light setup is great! You've got some great customizations on there - I wondered what the LCD was sitting up there. Really, well done and great videos too, thank you for sharing. We love that stuff!

What Kioti model where you considering and what pushed you over the edge to cancel that order and order the L4240 Grand? Was it the Kioti DK45 - I think those are offered with HST and cab no? Around here we refer to Kioti as that other Orange tractor... :D

Wildfire

Equipment
Wow! Awesome vids! That rain sensor works pretty well and your light setup is great! You've got some great customizations on there - I wondered what the LCD was sitting up there. Really, well done and great videos too, thank you for sharing. We love that stuff!

What Kioti model where you considering and what pushed you over the edge to cancel that order and order the L4240 Grand? Was it the Kioti DK45 - I think those are offered with HST and cab no? Around here we refer to Kioti as that other Orange tractor... :D
Thanks Mr.K. I've put a lot of video's up on YouTube the last little while but some of them are not tractor related. Some are of my fabrication work that I've done and some more is of my hobby which is restoring old things such as Coke machines and vintage gas pumps. the link to all my video's is attached below.

The Kioti I was originally supposed to get was the DK45 Cab with there new HST. There are many reasons why each of us purchase a particular brand and in my case there were many. I'll start a new thread and post a bit of the story and a bit of a product review of the Kubota 4240 tractor. That way it don't get all mushed into one thread. Thanks for your comments on my post. If there's anything anyone's likes and would like a detailed view of and how I did it just let me know. I take pictures of all my work and restorations. :D

YouTube vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348

Last edited: