Heads-up on a zero turn upgrade

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
When I mowed last week with my new z422, the dust was so bad I actually choked and got dust in my eyes…this prompted me to check my air filter and man o man it was packed! I cleaned it and blew the dust out but started thinking about upgrading to a more commercial air filter setup (which Kubota puts on their higher end models)
Lo and behold I found a company that makes an upgrade kit for my Kawasaki engine! The kit includes a commercial style canister filter (with inner and outer filters) and mounting hardware. I ordered it right away. The guy that sells these has a website called “powerequipmentman.com”
This will be a major upgrade to the air filter system ( that Kubota SHOULD put on their zero turns from the factory.)

Reactions: 1 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
My commercial Gravely has the 31horse Kaw and the nice double filter and every time I check it.. it's clean, nice set up! BUT, I do have mulching blades..😁

Reactions: 2 users

TSmith2670

Equipment
BX2670, B6000
Dec 28, 2015
Hummelstown, Pa.
When I mowed last week with my new z422, the dust was so bad I actually choked and got dust in my eyes…this prompted me to check my air filter and man o man it was packed! I cleaned it and blew the dust out but started thinking about upgrading to a more commercial air filter setup (which Kubota puts on their higher end models)
Lo and behold I found a company that makes an upgrade kit for my Kawasaki engine! The kit includes a commercial style canister filter (with inner and outer filters) and mounting hardware. I ordered it right away. The guy that sells these has a website called “powerequipmentman.com”
This will be a major upgrade to the air filter system ( that Kubota SHOULD put on their zero turns from the factory.)
Do you have a link for the filter?

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Not sure what kind of turf folks are cutting that creates dust and are able to mulch. I use my zero turn to cut about 7 acres of grass on average. If I mulched it would plug up the entire deck with packed wet clippings in short order. As far as dust, even in extremely dry conditions I do not generate any dust unless I scalp the surface.
Maybe different types of soil and grass would create these conditions.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Some filter boxes are designed for a primary and secondary filter. One fits inside the other.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Not sure what kind of turf folks are cutting that creates dust and are able to mulch. I use my zero turn to cut about 7 acres of grass on average. If I mulched it would plug up the entire deck with packed wet clippings in short order. As far as dust, even in extremely dry conditions I do not generate any dust unless I scalp the surface.
Maybe different types of soil and grass would create these conditions.
It DOES! (y)

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
My commercial Gravely has the 31horse Kaw and the nice double filter and every time I check it.. it's clean, nice set up! BUT, I do have mulching blades..😁
My Scag has the 31 hp Kaw as well and the Donaldson Filter set up. Stays clean for a LONG time.

I run mulching blades most of the time too. I have the Velocity deck on my Cheetah and when lowered to cut my lawn is not a problem (dust/clippings).

But when mowing down the inside of a fence line, I raise the deck to transport height and THEN I get a lot of 'blow out' from under the deck and it creates a lot of dust and clippings. The air filter(s) contain it nicely though.

Chee09.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I have to say, even in the driest conditions, mowing with my BX never raised that amount of dust. It must have something to do with the higher blade speed on the ZT
My soil is sandy sandy sandy.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Never mulched a blade of grass in my life and I won’t start now…🤣
Then keep eating dust.

Like you for years I never believed in them. Tried one, because I already had the kit. Daylight and dark difference in a lot of ways. Downside, gotta slow down a little and can't cut grass that's 3 foot tall.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Then keep eating dust.

Like you for years I never believed in them. Tried one, because I already had the kit. Daylight and dark difference in a lot of ways. Downside, gotta slow down a little and can't cut grass that's 3 foot tall.
To each his own bud…

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
that Kubota SHOULD put on their zero turns from the factory.)
The vast majority of these units are used in conditions where it would be of no benefit, and then people would complain about the higher cost of the air filter. These are budget-priced/built units.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Lol it’s so funny these internet sites…I give a heads up on an upgrade for a better air filter system and everyone wants to tell you how you’re doing it wrong…clown world🤡🤡🤡

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
No air filter. No gas. No oil. No sparkplugs. No belts. No gearboxes. There is a mulch cover.
Do those tires go on backwards to a normal tractor for a reason?

Bill