Heads Up for B2650 Owners

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I spotted a coolant leak on my 2015 B2650 yesterday.

kbracket.jpg

The lower radiator hose is routed behind this bracket under the alternator and behind the fan belt. I assume it's to keep the hose from touching the belt.

khose.jpg

Unfortunately, over time vibration and the square edge of the bracket will wear a hole in the hose.

I have one on order and I plan to take the bracket off and smooth up the edge and maybe put a bit of fuel hose over it to prevent the chafing.

Reactions: 3 users

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the heads up Paul. Sitting beside my Kubbie when I read your post. Checked my 2601. Similar bracket.
55F506F6-8A0D-471E-917A-3D54FF7BBDB6.jpeg

Crane

May 9, 2022
Michigan
I had that happen to mine. I think the belt would slap upon shutdown/startup and wear into the hose. Dealer gave me an updated bracket like gsd-keegan. It protects hose from the belt. Mine wasn't leaking yet, I just lucked out and seen a post about the problem on a forum before mine was cut all the way through

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
All fixed. The good news is that the new hose comes with an updated clamp.

There's probably a technical bulletin somewhere in the system describing the problem and the fix, they just didn't see fit to notify owners of the problem.

Reactions: 1 user

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I saw a thread about this a few years ago so I checked my B2620 and it has the same kind of issue.

Only good thing is on mine the rad hose is so tight between the oil filter and that bracket that nothing moves so after 9 years there is no mark on my rad hose.

Attachments

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Same issue back on the 7510/7610 series. Same hose, same engine, same rub mark..... somethings never change lol. I bent the bracket to keep the hose away from the belt better. Haven't had an issue since.

TiggerToo

Equipment
Kubota B2650, snow blower, back blade, FEL, land plane
May 14, 2016
Halifax,Nova Scotia, Canada
I can see the belt slapping into the hose to wear the hole. Tension on the belt looks maxed out from the factory. If I were to tighten belt it would move it closer to the hose. It seems to me that modified bracket is just going to wear belts faster. Has anyone put on a smaller belt ? I think that might get it further away from the hose and bracket by moving the alternator closer to th engine.

Attachments