Headlight Wiring

G Crawford

Equipment
Kubota L3010
Jun 4, 2022
Knoxville, TN
MY L3010D had broken headlights and a pretty trashed grill. After metal beating, welding, Bondo, and primer, I've got the grill ready for orange paint. I bought a new headlight assembly which looks to be an exact replacement except for the plastic wire connector, but I can splice in the old one.
My problem is that there are no wires behind the grill to plug the lights into. I can't find any wires around the battery or the radiator except the battery cables. I've had the top cover over the engine off. I've taken the dash apart and traced the wire harness from the headlight switch until it goes below the sheet metal above the transmission somewhere.
Is there a plug/junction somewhere, and a headlight pigtail? (Which is missing in my case) Or did the wiring harness continue to the headlight without any interruptions?
I've been looking in the service manual without any luck.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Right side frame, and then possibly up to the front top of the engine then over to the lights.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
First, I'm not familiar with that particular model. However the WSM shows a harness 1 and a harness 2 - harness 2 serving the headlights. The connector from harness 1 to 2 is an eight-pin. The connector to the headlights is a three-pin, and it feeds both headlights.

Maybe harness 2 is tucked into something, or maybe it was disconnected when the bonnet came off?

G Crawford

Equipment
Kubota L3010
Jun 4, 2022
Knoxville, TN
Thank you for the quick replies. I will look again. Since the connector from Harness 1 to Harness 2 is an eight-pin, does it feed something in addition to the headlights?

G Crawford

Equipment
Kubota L3010
Jun 4, 2022
Knoxville, TN
Update: I found the wires. They were burned/melted/cut off and stuck up under part of the engine. Pretty sure its the right ones as some partially undamaged wires go to the temp sensor and fuel cut off solenoid. Add this to the ever growing list.
Burnt Wires.jpg

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may be able to to buy the harness 1 or harness 2 or all harness parts together.

You may have to get the headlight harness to get the connectors if that is more convenient than splicing wires