Grill guards and light bar

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
Where did you get that hold down / grapple thingy on the bucket? I have the tach-n-go with the forks and would love to add that to the forks.

Superjet511

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 FEL
Sep 15, 2020
Chelsea Mi
Looks great! Does the light bar fit above or below the ROPS?
Thank you. The light bar is below the ROPS when it is folded up. I designed it so I could have a light overhead without having to raise the ROPS since it won't fit in my barn. It is still probably close to a foot over my head when seated (I am a little on the short side though) I will post more photos when it is all hooked up.

Superjet511

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 FEL
Sep 15, 2020
Chelsea Mi
Where did you get that hold down / grapple thingy on the bucket? I have the tach-n-go with the forks and would love to add that to the forks.
I designed it. I didn't like the other options I had seen out there because they simply bolted to the single layer of sheetmetal on the top of the bucket and require more reinforcement. My design mounts both to the top and also back of the bucket. Still testing it out.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
Steiner 425
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I understand taste is very subjective and most folks that don't like something prefer not to say anything out of politeness. In the interest of trying to make the world a better place and perhaps helping you sell some of your creations I will comment. I personally would not buy something with all that cut out hard to decipher script on it. I won't wear a shirt with Nike emblazoned on it either. I think you have a nicely designed piece otherwise. Dieter Rams, a famous industrial designer has a list of basic design principles that have withstood the test of time. A ten commandments if you will. I keep a copy taped by my old school telephone in the mountains. You might find it helpful. Life can be a long rewarding journey . It's a lot easier if you learn from others who have been successful. Lots of luck.

Superjet511

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 FEL
Sep 15, 2020
Chelsea Mi
I understand taste is very subjective and most folks that don't like something prefer not to say anything out of politeness. In the interest of trying to make the world a better place and perhaps helping you sell some of your creations I will comment. I personally would not buy something with all that cut out hard to decipher script on it. I won't wear a shirt with Nike emblazoned on it either. I think you have a nicely designed piece otherwise. Dieter Rams, a famous industrial designer has a list of basic design principles that have withstood the test of time. A ten commandments if you will. I keep a copy taped by my old school telephone in the mountains. You might find it helpful. Life can be a long rewarding journey . It's a lot easier if you learn from others who have been successful. Lots of luck.
Thank you for your suggestion. I will look up his principles. I plan to have a backing on the lightbar behind the cutout in orange I just haven't coated it yet. The lightbar is a prototype I made for myself to try out and that is how I wanted it. My plan was to have a smaller logo with just "511" cut out when I offer these for sale. The purpose of the cut out is to distinguish and build my brand. I appreciate your suggestions. Have a great day!
Justin

Reactions: 1 user

Patent Guy

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2020
Tennessee
Thank you for your suggestion. I will look up his principles. I plan to have a backing on the lightbar behind the cutout in orange I just haven't coated it yet. The lightbar is a prototype I made for myself to try out and that is how I wanted it. My plan was to have a smaller logo with just "511" cut out when I offer these for sale. The purpose of the cut out is to distinguish and build my brand. I appreciate your suggestions. Have a great day!
Justin
Something to potentially consider is how this might work for people with canopies. They tend to prevent the use of high mounted light bars. It appears that something along these lines would allow a central light that could be rotated forward or backward and not interfere with the canopy situation. Just a thoughts.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200,la525,LP 5’bushhog,LP 5’disc,LP boxblade,2bottom plow,40 gal sprayer
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Is your only website the Facebook page? I don’t have Facebook and I sure as hell can’t get into my wife’s Facebook to order tractor stuff 🤣.

Superjet511

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 FEL
Sep 15, 2020
Chelsea Mi
Something to potentially consider is how this might work for people with canopies. They tend to prevent the use of high mounted light bars. It appears that something along these lines would allow a central light that could be rotated forward or backward and not interfere with the canopy situation. Just a thoughts.
Great idea. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you!

Superjet511

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 FEL
Sep 15, 2020
Chelsea Mi
Is your only website the Facebook page? I don’t have Facebook and I sure as hell can’t get into my wife’s Facebook to order tractor stuff 🤣.
Hello. I have website:
5elevendesignz.com

You need to type my website into the address bar. It won't show up in a Google search.

I accept PayPal or you can checkout as a guest and use a credit or debit card.
Thank you,
Justin

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user