Great dealer service - pick up/drop off for 50 hrs Service and Kubota Inspection - 30 hours total

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I have seen more than a few posts complaining about Dealer Service or Non-Service. My LX2610SU was subject to a Kubota Service Bulletin (inspection and possible replacement of a loader pin), and it was time for its 50 hour service. I had planned to do the 50 hour service myself, but the Service Bulletin granted free transport to and from the dealer. I opted to have the Dealer perform the inspection and the 50 hour service; it saved me enough time (drive to the dealer for the supplies and the actual work) and effort to justify the little more than $100 shop labor charge. Additionally, the Dealer got to check everything.

So, total time from the pick up to the return was 30 hours. The tractor is located 25 miles (one way) from the dealer.

I must be living right. In April, I had my boat's annual service (oil/filter, spark plugs and etc.) done by the dealer; the boat is still under warranty. I trailered the boat to the dealer at 9am, and I picked it up at 1pm (4 hours later).

Reactions: 1 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The way it should be.

The technology is there for dealers to properly schedule their work.

when I changed jobs (from kubota to other) the very first thing I noticed was....a SCHEDULE. IOW, I had a list of stuff to do and when customers dropped their stuff off, the SM communicated with customer a timeframe, give or take a couple hours just in case a problem arises in a job beforehand. 48 hours. If a dropped off equipment owner is not contacted in 48 hours there is a problem. That may be parts order, or whatever but they had better be contacted in 48 hours or less. If not, the chance of losing that job and/or the customer get exponentially higher.

Old job? 2 weeks to 6 months backlog depending on time of year. That's a good problem to have for a business owner or manager, but if you are a customer, waiting 2 weeks is out of the question and a great way to make people get really mad. I've been on that end too...taking the phone calls....ain't much fun.

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Cool that they transported for the service bulletin. I wonder if Kubota pays them for that.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Cool that they transported for the service bulletin. I wonder if Kubota pays them for that.
They told me Kubota does pay transportation costs for Service Bulletin/Recalls.

Reactions: 1 user