Grand L3130 HST not returning to neutral or starting

crawlerchris

Equipment
Grand L 3130
Sep 6, 2009
McCleary, WA
I have a grand L3130 with the hydrostat transmission that just started not retuning to the neutral position when you let off the pedal from a forward travel. At the same time it will not start, the transmission thinks it is moving and wants me to return it to neutral. Any help or ideas?

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Crawlerchris welcome aboard .... how many hours on your meter and have you greased the linkage? If you have and the rods are free its a simple adjustment but the HST L- series will drift but you pulling the petal back tells me it's in the linkage particularly the bell crank where the petal pivots back and forth. Please elaborate on the " at the same time it will not start " I think whats happening here is if the petal is not in the neutral position the interlocks switches tell the combination box ( Black Box = computer ) to not allow 12 volts on the solenoid starter coil which pulls in the starter reduction gear and cranks the engine over seeking auto ignition with your diesel. If your Tractor sets outside in the elements put the WD-40 and grease to her and I think you will solve your problem. :)

crawlerchris

Equipment
Grand L 3130
Sep 6, 2009
McCleary, WA
There are no grease fittings on the link, I have oiled them hoping that was the problem with no luck. It also seems that it moves a lot easier into the forward position than it did right before it stopped returning. It still goes forward and backward but now I have to lift up on the pedal to stop the forward movement. As for the starting problem I am sure you are right about it thinking it is not in neutral, but I can not even manualy move the pedal into a neutral position.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Do you have your Works Shop Manual? If so look for all the return springs on the linkage and make sure they are center in parallel to the stays and that there is no grass hanging on the ball joints where the linkage changes direction. You can dsconnect the petal linkage at the bell crank and see if it hanging up or if the petal is the issue with interference and the cause of issue. On these grand Ls look for your petal stops and if your micro switches are no longer touching the stops there may be the adjustment correction otherwise the HST neutral adjustment will have to be reset to factory specification. I have seen this only one time on a Grand L and thats because the bench adjustment at Suwanne ( I think it came out of GA ) was never set properly and not caught during predelivery inspection by the installing dealer. The complaint was exactly like yours but I want to rule out everything else before I have to go borrow a WSM if you don't have one. :cool:

crawlerchris

Equipment
Grand L 3130
Sep 6, 2009
McCleary, WA
No shop manual, just the owners manual. There never was any external springs nor is there a place that is drilled to add one. I already checked for any debris that might be restricting its movement. The petal does not seem to be the issue, the part that goes into the transmission hangs up in moved into the forward position. There are no external micro switches that I see anywhere near this linkage. I have about 650 hours on this tractor and never any major problems until today. No the only way I start it is my jumping the starter solenoid. Do you now of an exploded diagram on line that I could look at or if you have the means to e-mail one to me. Thanks for any help.

Chris