Grand L tool boxes

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
I made these over a month ago and they seem to be working out quite well. I started with 30 cal ammo boxes, then removed the lids and trimmed off the excess bits. I used 3/16 x 2 inch flat bar for the left side ( the first one I made) and 1/8 x 1 1/2 (it's what I had on hand) for the right one. The 1/8" bar seems to be doing fine, but I think I would still use the 3/16 bar if I made more of them. The left brake pedal will contact the left box if you push hard, but I have yet for it to be a issue and have not seen any worn paint. The toe of my shoe will contact the right box if I have my foot up on the treadle, but again I have yet for it to be a issue. They are not in the way as you need to divert your feet to clear either the brake pedals or the treadle, when you enter/exit the cab. I used 1/4 by inch, grade eight bolts, then trimmed the excess off of the single bolts that just connect the box to the bar. There are gussets in the lower corners of the cab that I used to clamp the boxes to. The boxes seem quite sturdy when in place. If you look in the lower left corner of the last picture, you can see how the box clamps onto the gusset in the corner of the cab.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Showmedata

Equipment
LX3310
May 18, 2022
Boulder CO
On my MX, I just replaced the plastic Kubota box with a better option.
The LX is a good bit smaller in that area - the seat back come out over the cross bar, so the tool box would be cantilevered to the back quite a ways. It may work with a stouter cross brace... still mulling.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The LX is a good bit smaller in that area - the seat back come out over the cross bar, so the tool box would be cantilevered to the back quite a ways. It may work with a stouter cross brace... still mulling.
I had a small tractor like the LX and fabricated a steel shelf that I attached to the ROPs with u bolts. It stuck out behind the seat far enough to attach a tool box. Not a difficult project.