Grading A Hill Along Driveway

Blacklab1059

Equipment
BX23S Tractor, Loader, Backhoe, Forks, Landscape Rake
Jul 24, 2020
Virginia
I have a BX23S that I have used to aid in removing some very overgrown junipers and other volunteers along my driveway. I still need to remove a bunch of large landscape rocks and the stumps from the brush I removed. After the rocks and stumps are removed I want to grade the hillside to slope all the way down to the driveway so I can seed it with grass. I want to be able to mow it when I am finished. I need to decide what implement(s) I need to purchase to be most useful in accomplishing this grading project. I have considered both a Titan tiller or a Titan disk. I even considered a box blade scraper thinking the scarifier teeth would break up the soil and allow me to pull it down toward the driveway. The only drawback to the tiller is, I imagine there are a good bit of roots in this hillside. I was raised on a farm and have a lot of experience with tilling but I want the best bang for my buck as I don't want to buy a bunch of attachments. I could hire it done but that does not fit my personality.
What are your thoughts as to how you would best tackle this?

Attachments

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Rent a mini-x with angled ditching bucket or root rake to clean up the mess to grade. Finish with a box blade. Seed.

Rocks and wood don't spread very nicely with SCUT attachments.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Instead of buying any attachments, rent a mini or mid excavator for a day
running parallel to the road, you'll quickly remove-relocate the material as needed
about 1/4 way through you'll be good enough to not need a box blade for 'grading',instead just need a 'beam and chains' behind your BX23S.

Reactions: 1 user