grader box for my B8200

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
I've been looking for a grader box for my b8200 for a while. I didn't want one new and kept looking around but didn't find what i wanted. Got tired of looking and posted an ad on craigslist that I was looking for one. Got a email the next day from someone who had a brand new one, never on a tractor, for $150:D Sweet....asked who it was made by and if the teeth were there. Guy said it is made by American Farmland (Tarter). Looked it up and it's about $400+ new. Asked what was wrong with it and he replied that it was sold by Southern States and they had a flood recently and SS sold all the equipment that was under water and he bought it as well as other equipment. There isn't any bearings or moveable parts on it so I bought it. 4 foot box with 4 scarifes. He did say it had a really small bend on one of the arms going to the top link. Which doesn't bother me, I can straighten it or cut it out and reweld. It's also a push/pull box. Here it is:

Should be at my house when i get home from work. Time to rip up some dirt.
Josh

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
Thanks. Got home and there it was and like the guy said, it was brand new. It had some of the powder coating chipping off but looks good. The bent arm isn't anything i can't fix and they are made heavyduty. Well worth the money. Now I have to see if my Kubota can handle it. I don't have weights on the front but might have to get some. I need to drop the deck and hook up the box blade and see how it goes. Locker her in 4wd and regrade my whole 3 acres...lol.
Josh

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I have a 4ft box behind my B6100 and it handles it quite well. I dare say with your B8200 you might be .able to use a 5ft box behind yours.

shua57

Equipment
B8200
May 17, 2010
Brodhead, Ky
Wooohooo, I used the heck out of my tractor and the box blade this weekend. I cleared an area were a 40x30 old barn used to sit that I tore down. Weeds had gone up and it was full of old tin, boards, rocks and concrete blocks. Tore into it like a wildman. Pushed it all into a big pile. Tractor run like a champ and the blade pushed and pushed and pushed. I was still learning how to adjust it so I didn't have it right. Was backing up and hit something buried and the bottom arms wanted to roll up and the blade looked bent. Made adjustments and got it to level back out but it wouldn't touch the ground. After finishing some more cleanup and filling about a 10 ft dia. hole and clearing an old burn pile, I gave it some rest. Got back up the next morning and decided to regrade my packing in front of my garage (three car garage and could only access 2 bays, stupid hired contractor). First I dropped the bottom arms down a bolt hole and the blade sat right down on the ground. Smoothed out a my drive and filled in around the third bay and now have access to my other bay. Wouldn't have been able to do it without my tractor and blade. I have alot more work to do with it. I did poke a hole in the front tire. I knew there were boards with nails at the old barn, I was just hoping I wouldn't poke holes in the rear tires. Front tires are cheaper....lol. It's a slow leak and it can be patched when I find it.
Things I noticed: 3 point hitch hydraulics slows down or I have to rev the throttle up to get the blade to lift only when it is hot. When cold it works fine. I'll have to look into that.
Next, the tractor has what looks like an original Interstate batter, the old ones. It had to be jumped twice so it will get a new battery.
Another, the turf tires held up well considering the torture I was placing on the tractor. The 4WD really helps. Don't think I want AG tires on it as I also mow my yard with the tractor.
Lastly, I bought a 5 gallon jub of fuel when I got the tractor and finally poured the last of it in the tractor. It's cool that I can mow in the morning, switch to the box blade and work it's hindend off for 2 days and not even use 2 gallons of fuel.

All-in-all, i'm happy with the tractor and the box blade. Think I will keep it forever. It needs a FEL to complete the package and a good paint job. I have only put 15 hours on it and feel like I have road it into the ground. Gonna fix the wiring as someone played with it and a few other things and keep the fluids changed and enjoy it.
Josh