GR2120 Loose Axle

djm700z

May 24, 2023
NY
As title states,front axle is extremely loose,to the point a bolt holding the power steering cylinder wore a hole into the oil pan.The 2 bolts holding pressure towards the bottom of the axle are tight and unit gets greased on regular basis.Upon checking parts schematics there are no replaceable wear parts to be found?So on top of an oil leak,we also have a axle so wore at under 700hrs with no known replacement parts are we really talking buying a new axle here or do you guys happen to know any tricks/tips? Thanks in advance

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
been a long time since I've done a front axle (its almost always a rear axle/transmission issue on the GR series), but seems like the front axle pivot does not have a bushing. If I'm remembering correctly, about the only thing you can do is replace the housing and pivot. Or, I guess if there's enough material to work with, one might be able to bore the hole and press in some replaceable bushings so that it'll be easier the next time.

The GR series is a piss poor excuse for a lawn mower. I will not own one UNLESS someone pays me to and then agrees to pay for the repairs along the way.

djm700z

May 24, 2023
NY
been a long time since I've done a front axle (its almost always a rear axle/transmission issue on the GR series), but seems like the front axle pivot does not have a bushing. If I'm remembering correctly, about the only thing you can do is replace the housing and pivot. Or, I guess if there's enough material to work with, one might be able to bore the hole and press in some replaceable bushings so that it'll be easier the next time.

The GR series is a piss poor excuse for a lawn mower. I will not own one UNLESS someone pays me to and then agrees to pay for the repairs along the way.
You are correct in that this is an awful excuse for a tractor,as far as replacing the housing,on this model only the front side is bolted in,the back side is a weldment and part of the main frame.I was doing some more research on this site and some mentioned you could cut the spacers down that get sandwiched between the housing to try and tighten it up so gonna look at that.The machine doesn't belong to me i'm just repairing it but no,i wouldn't own one either,that setup is a joke.