GR2100 PTO Kit Question

tbk5

Equipment
L3710, L3010, ZD1211, RTV900xt, GR2100, lots of 3pt equipment
Sep 24, 2013
Central AL
I serviced my GR2100 for the start of mowing season earlier this summer. The hydraulic fluid was low so I topped it off. A week later, when I went to mow, I noticed fluid on the floor. I assumed that I overfilled a little. I also did not use a funnel when I topped and spilled a bit. This tractor had the transmission seal update done long ago. As I mowed, I noticed the the blades would bog down. I checked the fluid again and it was low. Added, Repeat. Then I saw the transmission was wet with fluid. Yikes.

I cleaned everything up with an air gun and rags. Filled and ran it. The fluid pooled on top of the hydro-static pump, near the oil fill tube. I changed the tube o-rings and same thing. So I began to tear it down. It turns out the problem was the drain hose off the control pump. It's low pressure but apparently enough to leak like a sieve when the rubber hose got hard from age.

I replaced the hose and changed the hydraulic fluid/filter. There was definitely clutch material in the fluid so now I am worried about the PTO clutch even though it is mowing fine after some adjustment of the linkage.

Kubota lists a PTO clutch "kit" (K1253-94022). Does anyone know if this is the parts to rebuild the clutch or a drop in replacement? It looks like the clutch can be replaced without cracking the transmission. I am trying to gauge how much time I will need to do the work.