Goin' Commercial

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I finally have product!

Introducing Hellfire Farm, growers of fire and lava :)

peppers.jpg

And now the hunt begins for retailers to sell these!

Reactions: 5 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I finally have product!

View attachment 67986

Very nice! In my younger days I was always looking for hot, hotter, and hottest foods. You've got the avenue to get there.....

I have a few sauces I make at home that I've often thought could be sold commercially.

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Very nice! In my younger days I was always looking for hot, hotter, and hottest foods. You've got the avenue to get there.....

I have a few sauces I make at home that I've often thought could be sold commercially.
Yeah I love spicy, habaneros are my favorite. These things are BRUTAL. But there's definitely a market for them.

Going market rate is $2.50 for the bag of ghosts (5) and $5.00 for the reapers, if you can believe that. That makes it worthwhile. Regular peppers like jalapenos or serranos run $2/lb retail but this works out to $100/lb based on pre-dried weight!

Yes, you should give it a shot with your sauces! - locally made is getting bigger. Even the big chains are getting in on it.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I finally have product!

View attachment 67986

FANTASTIC!

We grow a few buckets of hots every year. I always take a few hundred reapers and dehydrate them and grind them up for powder. It works great for cooking.

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I finally have product!

View attachment 67986

What are they?

I guess I live in a different world. Packaging is great. Are they simply dried hot peppers or something covered with hot pepper batter.

Crazy question for those that know...but I don't know...probably because I never got into extremely spicy foods.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I dont mind a little heat in stuff but anything that will blister the tongue,,ahhhh not so much,, I wish you luck

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Henro: yes, just dried hot peppers. They're what's called super-hots. Typical habanero is about 250,000 scoville, the ghost is 4x as hot and reaper is 6-7x. And thank you for the complement - I'm no graphic designer so I'm quite happy how they turned out!

JimmyJazz: Reality is that most people who would buy this would already know what to do with it, but that IS on the back of the label "suggested uses".

Obviously a niche product but it's a surprisingly large niche.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 63.7 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
NOPE. nope.
Nope, nopey, nope, nope.

I sweat and cry like little girl with just Cayenne pepper.
Franks hot sauce is actually hot to me.
🤣
How you guys even shit this stuff out the next day is beyond me.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
How you guys even shit this stuff out the next day is beyond me.
I remember years ago getting a quart of mildly hot peppers that were canned by a coworker. They were not really that hot, and were REALLY tasty...I probably ate half of them, they were that good.

Next morning I understood what PaulR is referring to! :oops:

Thinking about it, I guess in the aircraft world that would be referred to an an "after burner"...

Last edited:

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Hey, I just sell it. Not for personal use :)

The most I've done with these is a little tasting so that I know what my product is. I like spicy but habanero is pretty much tops for me.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Hey, I just sell it. Not for personal use :)

The most I've done with these is a little tasting so that I know what my product is. I like spicy but habanero is pretty much tops for me.
The cool thing is that you are jumping to commercial.

Good for you! (y)

God's honest truth....40 years ago, I thought there should be a single-serve coffee product, kinda like tea-bag-type thing, or even something that funneled highly-heated water through a concentrate.......😳:rolleyes:

In the '90's there was a short-lived coffee bag-thingy, and Keurig is everywhere now....

Missed my chance...maybe if George Foreman was advertising Invent-Help 30 years ago....😉 George Foreman was one of my favorite boxers in the '70's.

Reactions: 1 user

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I remember years ago getting a quart of mildly hot peppers that were canned by a coworker. They were not really that hot, and were REALLY tasty...I probably ate half of them, they were that good.

Next morning I understood what PaulR is referring to! :oops:

Thinking about it, I guess in the aircraft world that would be referred to an an "after burner"...

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Those are ghost peppers my kid raised. I don't use them. I use cayennes, banana and bell peppers which are grown in the garden.
Per my kid, the seeds were 3 years old.

Reactions: 1 user