GF 1800E

Graybert

Equipment
GF 1800E
Apr 10, 2021
Texas
I flipped the lever to engage the pto to turn the blades and heard a click then nothing!
I am trying to take the pto apart but am lost on a few things. Like what am I looking for and what could have cause this malfunction.
I assume it is a clutch issue but can not find any info on what to check. Any help on getting it apart will be greatly appreciated! I have disassembled up to the hard hydronic line coming out of the front. How does it come out and do I need to remove the u joint that is attached to the front

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Stop............ if you do not even know how the pto clutch works you are destined to make things worse.

Parts illustrations suggest a mechanically controlled valve directs hydraulic flow to lock up the clutch.

I cannot find a free WSM so you may have to buy one.

Does your pto driveline have a shear bolt?

Have you checked that the bolt has not sheared?

Dave

Graybert

Equipment
GF 1800E
Apr 10, 2021
Texas
Ok. I really don’t know what I’m looking at. Where would I find the info on the shear bolt, and what it cause this to happen! I have rebuilt this thing from the engine to the deck and spindles but the hydraulic parts I don’t know about. I took the bolts out of the front plate and removed the shock that lifts the deck but stoped there.

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
Does any portion of the driveshaft to the deck rotate when you engage the pto?

Graybert

Equipment
GF 1800E
Apr 10, 2021
Texas
No nothing moves. The lever has no resistance like it use to. I lifted the deck and turned the blades off to cross the gravel drive way. When I went to engage the pto it clicked and that was it no more movement