Getting ready for winter

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
It's that time of year again in North Pole. Got an Origial Tractor Cab for my L3901 and installed it along with a new heater. I'll be warm this winter. Hooked up the Agri Ease snowblower. Next project is putting on tires chains all around. Sad sigh. It's forecast to snow on Thursday. Here comes the fun.

Reactions: 1 user

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Wow snow this early, wearing shorts here today be October before we get a frost.

Planting cover crop in my garden this afternoon and picking okra. Second round of peas should be ready in a couple weeks.

I was in the mid west last year deer hunting and about froze, this southern boy was not used to that type of weather. The real feel most days while on the stand in the am was below zero, the coldest was -14. I'm sure that is nothing for you guys but it was frigid to me!

Stay warm and safe out there.

Jay

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Frozen - - we've had frost for several nights now, but snow:oops:.....geez, I hope we're at least 30-45 days out for that....

I do have 4 tons of wood pellets in the garage. Will need a fifth ton sometime along the way...

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
It is on my mind, when to put the snow-blade on and chain up. I usually think I have more time then end up doing it in colder weather. This year I did run my summer fuel down so will be ready for when the co-op switches to winter fuel, have a full tank of #2 so put some Power Service White in for insurance. Got my 2 pallets of pellets early, fall sale, so have plenty of fuel for the winter with the pallet left from last year. We had one snow storm already but the ground was warm so it did not last long, not any plowing needed.