Getting More Orange in My Life

kevininor

Equipment
B2601 with the backhoe
Dec 23, 2021
Oregon
1st post!

Just placed my order for a B2601 with a BH, box blade, LP grapple and pallet forks. Now the waiting begins. The dealer has the tractor and box blade. Everything else will be trickling in over the next few months. Lots of time to read and make plans.

Reactions: 5 users

Mossy dell

Equipment
B2601 (2021) JD970 (1998) B2100 (1991) B6100E (1988)
Jul 20, 2020
sw VA
Fine little tractor!

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Welcome to OTT and congrats on your B2601.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Welcome!

Make sure that the backhoe is working correctly before accepting delivery, I have a number of issues with mine. The tractor and loader have been trouble free, but I am into this backhoe fiasco for nearly 8 months with no end in sight.

Check that it doesn't leak down with the engine running and off, observe it for couple of hours.
Check that a thumb will fit and adjust to all six positions, even if you are not buying right now, it may be welded together wrong.
Check that there is no interference at the intersection of the boom and dipper when fully extended.
Check that the proper pins with grease fittings are being used at each joint.
Check that the grease fittings are tight and not painted shut.
Check that the retaining bolts for the pins are correct and have about a millimeter of play.

I have had all of the above and Kubota has been of no help.

kevininor

Equipment
B2601 with the backhoe
Dec 23, 2021
Oregon
Thanks for the welcomes and advice. I’m so excited! I rented a BX the other day and, while I believe it’s an extremely capable little machine, the B will do everything a little more efficiently. looking around at my little 1 acre property, I see projects in every direction.

I think nearly everything will be ready by March except for the grapple. That’s the item that is crazy back ordered and not expected until May.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Welcome!

Make sure that the backhoe is working correctly before accepting delivery, I have a number of issues with mine. The tractor and loader have been trouble free, but I am into this backhoe fiasco for nearly 8 months with no end in sight.

Check that it doesn't leak down with the engine running and off, observe it for couple of hours.
Check that a thumb will fit and adjust to all six positions, even if you are not buying right now, it may be welded together wrong.
Check that there is no interference at the intersection of the boom and dipper when fully extended.
Check that the proper pins with grease fittings are being used at each joint.
Check that the grease fittings are tight and not painted shut.
Check that the retaining bolts for the pins are correct and have about a millimeter of play.

I have had all of the above and Kubota has been of no help.
6 positions on the mechanical thumb?? I don’t think I can get that many on mine? I could be wrong tho? I will have to count next time!

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
6 positions on the mechanical thumb?? I don’t think I can get that many on mine? I could be wrong tho? I will have to count next time!
Two holes on the outer tube and three holes in the inner bar. Does your thumb go as high as possible when pinned in the highest position? Mine is welded together wrong and the pin is half a hole off forcing me to use the next hole and the thumb is straight out.

IMG_2367.JPG

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
1st post!

Just placed my order for a B2601 with a BH, box blade, LP grapple and pallet forks. Now the waiting begins. The dealer has the tractor and box blade. Everything else will be trickling in over the next few months. Lots of time to read and make plans.
Great I do hope you have it before the Spring so all of those projects get attention!