G5200 Sims Cab Modification

603g5200

Equipment
Kubota G5200G, G2500 snowblower and a Massey Ferguson MF20 Industrial
Oct 27, 2020
New Hampshire
So when I bought my tractor it had a Sims cab with it, the only problem was that these cabs mounted directly to the fiberglass fender in the rear and the whole back of the fender was broken off. So after I had the fender repaired I was not going to bolt the cab to it again so I fabricated a mounting bracket that bolts to the rear end of the tractor. The metal cost me $15
So here are a few pictures of the bracket I made. I also included a few pictures of the cab mounted on the tractor. I installed the side curtains yesterday also (waiting for snow now.)

I also made new floor mats, I went to HF and bought 2 12x12 diamond plated sticky tiles and made a paper template of the floor boards, then cut out the tiles and glued them on. They cost me a total of $8

Attachments

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Was just about to ask how you open the hood...tilting window is ingenious!

Had been toying with idea of moving my G5200 down the road. But seeing yours all spruced up is making me think othewise.

603g5200

Equipment
Kubota G5200G, G2500 snowblower and a Massey Ferguson MF20 Industrial
Oct 27, 2020
New Hampshire
I have always liked the old Garden Tractors, and I am a little OCD when it comes to my equipment and vehicles. but one thing I can tell you is that since I bought mine I have met a quite a few people who I bought parts off and they sold theirs and regretted getting rid of it. It took some time to rehab it but now this little tractor should last me for a really long time and it is built so much nicer than the new tractors. this is simple to work on. Don't get me wrong I like the new tractors but they are a pain to work on.