G1800 Maintenance

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Newbie Kubota Fan...

Since I do the mowing for my dad, I do some of the maintenance too. What can I say though, I love it... Well anyway, I noticed that on the G1800 the mower deck does not set level when it is raised all the way... Any theories? I think it may be that the springs are just a little stretched seeing how it it about 13 years old.

I also sharpened the blades and was excited to try it out. When I did, the mover still seemed to push some of the grass over and not cut it. My dad and I replaced the belt and the tension spring last year and that helped a little, but it still needs a little help... I know that it mowed way better than that when it was newer. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks, Dave

Last edited:

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Hi Dave,

Well here's my first thought. Are the blades installed correctly? could they be installed upside down?
That is a big possibility. Is there a way of telling which way the blades go on? I just might have to go look at it, then I may be able to figure it out.

SmokyOkie

Equipment
g1800
May 20, 2009
broken arrow ok
Newbie Kubota Fan...

Since I do the mowing for my dad, I do some of the maintenance too. What can I say though, I love it... Well anyway, I noticed that on the G1800 the mower deck does not set level when it is raised all the way... Any theories? I think it may be that the springs are just a little stretched seeing how it it about 13 years old.

I also sharpened the blades and was excited to try it out. When I did, the mover still seemed to push some of the grass over and not cut it. My dad and I replaced the belt and the tension spring last year and that helped a little, but it still needs a little help... I know that it mowed way better than that when it was newer. Any suggestions on that?

Thanks, Dave
You can adjust the deck for level by adjusting the yokes on the front bars from which the deck hangs.

The way I tell if the blades are on correctly on mine is that there are little wing tips on the ende of the blade. these must be on the top. otherwise the tips will tear at the grass below the cutting plane.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
You can adjust the deck for level by adjusting the yokes on the front bars from which the deck hangs.
With that, I have the pins in the same position on both sides of the deck, so I think the springs may just be stretched.

And I checked the blades and they were on correctly, so anymore suggestions?

And thanks for the replies so far.:)