G 52l0 Throttle Lever Removal

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
No fuel being pumped to little filter on block. Tried to bleed, no soap. SO I disconnected inlet, no fuel.

I wonder if I disconnected something when probing for the switch bypass wiring.

Did not notice any clicking sounds or hear pump running. Dunno what to think, cause it did run for several seconds when I tested safety switch bypass. Guess I could pull the line from pump and see if it will pump to filter. Guess I will change filters anyway

More later

Last edited:

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
No, I was referring to the mechanical engine kill/stop cable that is linked to the seat plunger. Bypassing that would be risky in my book.
That explains my confusion... The seat on my G5200 has NEVER been hooked up during my ownership. It makes sense that there must have been some mechanical linkage from the seat to the "shutdown" lever on the pump. (I suspect it was disabled cuz it was killing the engine during warmup....who wants to sit there 5 minutes waiting for engine/HST fluid to warm up)

Hence, that is another thing that Smokeless should check. The seat-safety could stick such the shutdown lever is not released.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Did not notice any clicking sounds or hear pump running.
That original electric lift-pump typically makes "clickety-click" sounds as long as key is ON position.

The role of the lift-pump is to maintain small pressure (3-8 PSI) to inlet of Injection-Pump. The IP is not good at 'sucking' fuel into itself... its role is to generate HIGH pressure at the Injectors.

Infact, my lift-pump failed in that way. (stopped clicking) I replaced with "Edelbrock" electric fuel pump. which was available at local autoparts store. ( https://www.edelbrock.com/universal-micro-electric-fuel-pump-38-gph-144-lph-gasoline-e85-17301.html )

It took some metal-fabrication to get the "Edelbrock" pump mounted and electric plugs wired... but as a bonus, it includes a micron filter which screws right into the pump.

BTW: The "Edelbrock" pump is a rotary pump so it does not go "clickety-click"....but when the engine is running, you cannot hear it anyway. 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
I seen the post on alternative lift pumps, significant costs savings. So tomorrow I will further trouble shoot but my instincts are telling me the pump is faulty, at least intermittently. We shall see.

Yes, the cable from the seat to the shut valve operates as advertised, actually cable been replaced nlt couple of years back

Sure is crazy getting two problems at once, can drive ya nuts. Still confused why it ran for a few seconds while checking the switch bypass, but I do believe we are nearly operational again.

Would have really been stuck without all the posts.......

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
That explains my confusion... The seat on my G5200 has NEVER been hooked up during my ownership. It makes sense that there must have been some mechanical linkage from the seat to the "shutdown" lever on the pump. (I suspect it was disabled cuz it was killing the engine during warmup....who wants to sit there 5 minutes waiting for engine/HST fluid to warm up)

Hence, that is another thing that Smokeless should check. The seat-safety could stick such the shutdown lever is not released.
I think I'm 3rd owner of my mower, and to best of my knowledge it has not been modified. I can start the engine and NOT be in the seat, and I can dismount from the seat with engine running so long as PTO is not engaged.

The moment I lift off seat with PTO on, RPMs start falling off. Usually takes a few seconds, but it does kill it.

Another interesting thing, standing next to mower with engine running, I can operate HST pedal to move it. Kinda handy if trying to get unstuck while pushing it at same time.

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Well I have yet to verify if the lift pump is bad, but I had to go to town and drive right past Kubota dealer. SO I dropped in and priced a pump, the counter guy never flinched at 196.00. OUCH!!!!!!!

So, i will verify and if needed opt for something like or identical to Bruce solution. First, take a good look at filters, but instincts tell me its more.

Later

Smokeless

Equipment
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Well I have yet to verify if the lift pump is bad, but I had to go to town and drive right past Kubota dealer. SO I dropped in and priced a pump, the counter guy never flinched at 196.00. OUCH!!!!!!!

So, i will verify and if needed opt for something like or identical to Bruce solution. First, take a good look at filters, but instincts tell me its more.

Later

Finally got'er done. The fuel pump was indeed shot. So I adopted Bruce recommendation on an Edelbrock aftermarket pump. Clipped the plug on connector for the hot lead off old fuel pump, soldered to new pump, fab mounting plate and all working. Far less than $196.00 for replacement OEM pump.. Thanks Bruce.

Already mounted rear tire, but if the occasion presents itself will take a pic. All still running strong and ONLY 3700 hours :-}

Reactions: 1 users