Fuse Box Cover Removal

BeauxTX1

Equipment
BX2680
Jul 9, 2020
Texas
Mornin', all.

I have a blown fuse and want to replace it on a BX2680. I found the fuse box but, for the life of me, can't figure out how to get the cover off. I've tried moving the clip on the bottom of the bix both up and down and nothing works. I did and search on google and here and can't find anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

LW
Saratoga, TX

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I will try and answer your question.

I read the owner's manual which said nothing about the cover removal so it must be very simple.

I looked at the parts illustration and there is a latch on the top of the cover.

I think if you just give a firm pull on the top part of the cover it will pop off.

forum BX2380  fuse box.jpg

Dave

BeauxTX1

Equipment
BX2680
Jul 9, 2020
Texas
That worked, although I had to loosen the dashboard and lift it up to get to the clip. The fuses are odd-sized, but thankfully they include some spares. Thanks so much for your help, kind sir! God bless.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
That worked, although I had to loosen the dashboard and lift it up to get to the clip. The fuses are odd-sized, but thankfully they include some spares. Thanks so much for your help, kind sir! God bless.
Now that you have things reassembled, try giving the top of the cover a good tug with the dashboard in place.

It would not have been designed to require dashboard loosening to access fuses.

Dave

BeauxTX1

Equipment
BX2680
Jul 9, 2020
Texas
Now that you have things reassembled, try giving the top of the cover a good tug with the dashboard in place.

It would not have been designed to require dashboard loosening to access fuses.

Dave
I did try that before posting the original request, by hand and with a crescent wrench. Even had someone else try and it would budge. I'll try again now after having removed it once.

Thanks again, Dave.

Larry

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I use a pick to lift the latch side of the cover(according to above picture), a 90 degree or the 270 degree pick works the best.

Reactions: 1 user