Fuel leak L355SS

David-in-OK

Equipment
L355SS, brush hog, box blade
Aug 2, 2020
Oklahoma
I have a fuel leak coming out of the hose on the left at my rear cylinder. It runs up to the shroud covering the gas tank. Can I pull it off and cut it back and reattached without causing a problem?

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Assuming you mean the rubber hose that is the injector bypass back to the tank, then yes you can cut it. It probably doesn’t have much slack in it and will be very tight on the metal fitting so may just split again.

The dealer can probably get you a new one or possibly cut it from a bulk roll.

David-in-OK

Equipment
Aug 2, 2020
Oklahoma
Assuming you mean the rubber hose that is the injector bypass back to the tank, then yes you can cut it. It probably doesn’t have much slack in it and will be very tight on the metal fitting so may just split again.

The dealer can probably get you a new one or possibly cut it from a bulk roll.
Anyway to run that hose to the gas tank? It looks like it's covered up pretty tight.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Anyway to run that hose to the gas tank? It looks like it's covered up pretty tight.
You'll need to remove the tank if you can't get to the tank side of the hose if you need to replace it.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Not really sure on your tractor but on my L185 the tube runs through a hole in the fire wall and the tank has a 90 degree barb right there that you can see and get the hose onto. I didn’t have to take anything apart but may have used needle nose pliers to get it on.

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
You can get access to the top of the fuel tank to replace the fuel return hose. Remove the panel in front of the tank that the fuse block is bolted to. Good luck .

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
One mounted vertically on the horizontal plane with yellow w/black stripe is water temperature sending unit.

The horizontally mounted sensor with black w/yellow stripe is oil pressure sending unit.

Please verify that if you have a wiring diagram by using the wiring color to the gauge

David-in-OK

Equipment
Aug 2, 2020
Oklahoma
One mounted vertically on the horizontal plane with yellow w/black stripe is water temperature sending unit.

The horizontally mounted sensor with black w/yellow stripe is oil pressure sending unit.

Please verify that if you have a wiring diagram by using the wiring color to the gauge
I do. Wish I had a parts manual.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I do. Wish I had a parts manual.
You can look at Kubota USA dot com for illustrated parts list and you can probably get a printed version from Messicks but the part numbers are old and could be superseded or unavailable. The on line version is the most up to date but the pictures are not that clear

David-in-OK

Equipment
Aug 2, 2020
Oklahoma
You can look at Kubota USA dot com for illustrated parts list and you can probably get a printed version from Messicks but the part numbers are old and could be superseded or unavailable. The on line version is the most up to date but the pictures are not that clear
Thanks for the help.