Fuel Gauge B2650

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
How do you find the accuracy of your fuel gauge? My B2650 seems pretty close, graduated into 7 bars = 1 gallon per bar approx. 7.26G/27.5L capacity. Had the occasion to use the tractor for multiple hours and went through a few fuelings. Sure beats the old 8N stick method, although it was fairly accurate if you had/made the right stick. I think I still have one handing in the shed.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I haven't really paid close attention to the gauge. All I can say is that the tank is a pita to fill. I use a "Mr. Funnel" whenever filling my equipment and its a pita to have to stop filling and remove the funnel to check on progress. I know, such a tragedy, LOL.

To me, the Mr Funnel is worth it in my opinion. I have yet to drain the fuel filter on the B2650 (I've had it just over 2 years).

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Curious, is there a reason why you need to know?

I just fill my tractors when they show on the low side. Myself, I would be more concerned about where the empty mark is...:)

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
My RTV-X900 has a 7 gallon tank and the gauge is graduated with 7 bars and appears close (although lets face it, symmetrical fuel tanks are rarely found these days so to equate one graduation with any particular amount is not likely linear.)

I was more interested in discovering if the low-fuel warning lamp worked properly. (It does, but I still do not want to trust such things as fuel gauges and warnings to prevent troublesome fuel starvation issues.). If it gets to 1/4 or less I refuel it, and it’s always best to keep the tank full to avoid condensation and the accumulation of damaging water in the fuel.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I haven't really paid close attention to the gauge. All I can say is that the tank is a pita to fill. I use a "Mr. Funnel" whenever filling my equipment and its a pita to have to stop filling and remove the funnel to check on progress.
I also use the Mr Funnel, it's amazing how much junk it filters out.
I use a 5 gal jug and only refill when it's low, so I never have to check on progress. I already know all 5 gallons will fit. I can see that being a problem if you are using a container that's larger than the tank you're filling.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Curious, is there a reason why you need to know?

I just fill my tractors when they show on the low side. Myself, I would be more concerned about where the empty mark is...:)
It let's me know how much I can put in, pain to overflow diesel. I like to keep the tank full, especially when not using, so the gauge tells me approx how much I can dump in. Just a thang.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
https://www.amazon.com/Second-Gen-T...mp&qid=1581653330&sprefix=fuel,aps,667&sr=8-3

I use this for my fueling.

I LOVE it!!!!!

It is simple to use, has auto shut off(it does work) like a gas station pump, has a clip to attach to the tractor fill neck and the can sits on the front tire with the long "hose".

It does fill slow, but I have refueled while tractor warms up and also after use and I am cleaning up or closing up the shop.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
On about any tractor that has a fuel gauge, you'll have to "get the feel for it". In other words, 1/2 on the gauge might not be half tank. I say this because most of the fuel tanks are shaped irregularly, meaning it might be real narrow at the bottom of the tank and wide/fat at the top of the tank. So when you're running the tractor, it may take 25 hours to get from full to 1/2, then maybe 5 hours from 1/2 to E. They try do do their best (kubota) to make them work like a car does but they can't get it perfect.

And my car is like that too. 290 miles give or take 10 from F to 1/2, then about 100 mi from 1/2 to sitting on the side of the road. I learned real quick to fill up at 1/2. It's because of the shape of the fuel tank and how the sender fits down into the tank.