Fuel filter BX23S

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
I'm looking at my service schedule, it says to check the fuel filter at 100 hours. So I'm assuming if it's still there, not leaking, clogged or damaged it's OK. I should mention I do have the under armor.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'm looking at my service schedule, it says to check the fuel filter at 100 hours. So I'm assuming if it's still there, not leaking, clogged or damaged it's OK. I should mention I do have the under armor.
Really depends on the fuel and "cleanliness" of that fuel.

There are two filters.......both the same micro rating - one before the pump and one after the pump.

The one before the pump - change it .....go ahead and get under there and do it ! The one AFTER the pump, could be over looked but.....

Personally I would get under the tractor - take the first filter off, allow what fuel you have in the tank to drain out - catch it in something clean.

Get you a 1/4 turn ball valve for diesel - can be found anywhere, 5/16(8mm) - place the valve on the hose, and then add a small piece of hose to the first filter......replace all filters why there = hook everything back up.

Open valve - turn key on for 30 seconds....you will hear the pump click, maybe funny noise at first then it will smooth out....this will pump the air out of the lines. Start engine .....maybe check for leaks.

here is an example :

https://www.amazon.com/Parts-Unlimi...f+valve&qid=1552657323&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr1

by placing the cut off fuel valve in there ......next time the amount of spillage will be much less.;)

jetattblue

Equipment
BX1800; L2550
Mar 14, 2018
Arlington, TX
That cut off valve is a fantastic idea! Having changed that filter under the tractor, I would highly recommend that suggestion.

shiraz627

Equipment
BX23S Piranha toothbar, Underarmor, PFL1242 pallet forks, BXpanded thumb, ripper
Aug 1, 2018
Kingsland. GA
Really depends on the fuel and "cleanliness" of that fuel.

There are two filters.......both the same micro rating - one before the pump and one after the pump.

The one before the pump - change it .....go ahead and get under there and do it ! The one AFTER the pump, could be over looked but.....

Personally I would get under the tractor - take the first filter off, allow what fuel you have in the tank to drain out - catch it in something clean.

Get you a 1/4 turn ball valve for diesel - can be found anywhere, 5/16(8mm) - place the valve on the hose, and then add a small piece of hose to the first filter......replace all filters why there = hook everything back up.

Open valve - turn key on for 30 seconds....you will hear the pump click, maybe funny noise at first then it will smooth out....this will pump the air out of the lines. Start engine .....maybe check for leaks.

here is an example :

https://www.amazon.com/Parts-Unlimi...f+valve&qid=1552657323&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr1

by placing the cut off fuel valve in there ......next time the amount of spillage will be much less.;)
Your going to make me go under that tractor again!

Sounds like a nice fall project, I will definitely add the fuel shutoff. Thanks for the bleeding tutorial.

After the fuel pump is that high pressure?