Fuel delivery problems on M8200

moesfarm

May 22, 2013
Fayetteville TN
I am having problems with my tractor. Sometimes it will just start smothering out and finally quit. Then it will not restart untill you loosen banjo bolt at injector pump. Then pump the fuel pump knob located on top of the fuel filter. You have to loosen the banjo bolt because the air will not bleed out of the "air vent cock".
I have just today cleaned and replaced the screen inside the "water seperator", changed the fuel filter, and drained the tanks. Everything was clean inside tanks. I then poured in 10 gallons of diesel and started it up and ran it up and down the road at 2000 RPM's it ran fine. I thought i had fixed it and then i went to put it in the shed and it quit again. What else could i check?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I am having problems with my tractor. Sometimes it will just start smothering out and finally quit. Then it will not restart untill you loosen banjo bolt at injector pump. Then pump the fuel pump knob located on top of the fuel filter. You have to loosen the banjo bolt because the air will not bleed out of the "air vent cock".
I have just today cleaned and replaced the screen inside the "water seperator", changed the fuel filter, and drained the tanks. Everything was clean inside tanks. I then poured in 10 gallons of diesel and started it up and ran it up and down the road at 2000 RPM's it ran fine. I thought i had fixed it and then i went to put it in the shed and it quit again. What else could i check?
I'd start with the fuel line that goes from the tank to the primary filter. Also check the fittings that go into the filters. Known to get trash in those and plug them up.

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I am having problems with my tractor. Sometimes it will just start smothering out and finally quit. Then it will not restart until you loosen banjo bolt at injector pump. Then pump the fuel pump knob located on top of the fuel filter. You have to loosen the banjo bolt because the air will not bleed out of the "air vent cock".
I believe the first thing I would do is find out why the Jet Start Valve cock is not bleeding the air out of the system into the fuel tank. If a return hose or the check valve is plugged, it is a simple fix and needs to be corrected to keep the engine running anyway.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Engine starving for fuel sounds similar to a M4900 I owned several yrs back. I checked several known fuel starvation problems but engine still would quit running after running for awhile. Local Kubota dealer service manager advised me to check for clogged small screen on water seperater cut-off valve. I removed valve to find clogged tiny filter,cleaned filter problem was solved.

country53

Equipment
M8200 Kubota, M108S Kubota, JD 420C, JD50, IH 140, Deutz 4006, Deutz 6006,
Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
My M8200 was doing same thing I found water separator unit had a blockage in it plus fitting was leaking allowing air to get in fuel system. Fuel pump was also weak maybe because of not being able to get fuel I replaced water separator, lift pump and fuel filter and it worked fine