Fuel Additive

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Believe i am (was) wrong. Have been defending Sea Foam for some time as an deisel additive to stabilize fuel and clean fuel system. It does work good on my gas engines including marine equipment.

Now i am moving to Cummins Endorsed Power Service. Sure appears value added to these orange engines. To all those recommending Power Service while i defended Sea Foam.....well enough said.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
And as a long time user of Power Service in my Cat, Cummins and Detroit powered class 8 trucks and my 6.0 litre Powerstroke.....once you try Howes, you will never go back to Power Service.

I had two injectors stick in my Powerstroke and trigger the check engine light. I had Power Service in it.
Ford dealer in the town I was in could not get me in to replace them so we poured some Howes in it, drove it on the freeway for 10 minutes and it smoothed out and was fine. I was sold on Howes from that day forward.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
And as a long time user of Power Service in my Cat, Cummins and Detroit powered class 8 trucks and my 6.0 litre Powerstroke.....once you try Howes, you will never go back to Power Service.

I had two injectors stick in my Powerstroke and trigger the check engine light. I had Power Service in it.
Ford dealer in the town I was in could not get me in to replace them so we poured some Howes in it, drove it on the freeway for 10 minutes and it smoothed out and was fine. I was sold on Howes from that day forward.
I use hot shots fuel and oil additives in my 6.0 and just the fuel additive in my bota. 221k miles on the 6.0 and still original injectors.

Smokeless, what issues did you have with the sea foam that made you switch?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I use Nano-Borate in my 7.3 and the Kubby's. Nono-Borate and HUEI engines get along very well. I use it in the Kubby's just because.

What really sold me on the Nano-Borate was when I replaced the injector and glo plug harnesses last spring. Took the valve covers off and the overhead was as clean as when the engine was new (it's a 97). Not a speck of dirt on the overhead and no deposits in the valve covers either. That and my oil analysis sold me. Blackstone keeps telling me my oil is good to go everytime I send in a sample.

I use PS in the fuel and Power Kleen algaecide as well.

Everyone has their favorite elixir. I have mine too.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I use Nano-Borate in my 7.3 and the Kubby's. Nono-Borate and HUEI engines get along very well. I use it in the Kubby's just because.

What really sold me on the Nano-Borate was when I replaced the injector and glo plug harnesses last spring. Took the valve covers off and the overhead was as clean as when the engine was new (it's a 97). Not a speck of dirt on the overhead and no deposits in the valve covers either. That and my oil analysis sold me. Blackstone keeps telling me my oil is good to go everytime I send in a sample.

I use PS in the fuel and Power Kleen algaecide as well.

Everyone has their favorite elixir. I have mine too.
The blown up 95 7.3 in my driveway is spotless on top of the heads and the valve covers too.

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Been using, FPPF Total Power for Anti-Gel and Fuel Treatment.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The blown up 95 7.3 in my driveway is spotless on top of the heads and the valve covers too.
Powdered metal con rods or forged? Only Euchered 7.3's I 've seen are ones that the owners advanced the injection timing and dumped fuel to. 7.3's can make a ton of power but the longevity goes out the window, especially ones with powdered metal con rods. Other than an aftermarket turbo and free breathing intake, mine is stock, well, no emissions hardware, that went away too. No point in dumping crankcase blow by into the compressor side of the turbo.

I use the Nano-Borate more for injection sticking than anything else. Got to keep those injectors sliding smooth.

Last edited: