Frustrating/Useless Kubota customer service

GrampaJeff

Equipment
L4060Hstc-LE
Sep 15, 2021
Wyoming
I bought a new L4060HSTC-LE a few months ago. Fantastic unit, except the seat suspension. I had my dealer look at it, and he verified it was maxed out. I asked what my options were. He stated an air ride suspension. (OUCH!!! ) I called several other dealers. No help there as well. So I sent a message into Customer Service. The person tells me I should contact my dealer first. Obviously, he didn’t read my question, as I told him I contacted both my dealer and several others. Then after he replied again, he said he was unable to help, and , yes, contact my dealer. After three attempts to get either a spec sheet for the seat, or advise the spring information, I asked for manager to call me. Instead, the person gives ME the number to call someone at Customer Service. A call placed, and they are useless as well. Now, I have a message into a manager to call me. I find it amazing that a company as big as Kubota has absolutely USELESS customer service. Seriously, a picture of the seat suspension with spring rating IS available. Each component has a technical drawing before it goes to manufacturing. A simple question like this, should not get/a stonewall response!

ive gone through 12 pages of responses on tractor seat suspension , till my eye bled. Everything from kids balls, to soda bottles. Has anyone actually tried to change the extension springs? If so, could someone give me the specs on the OEM springs ? Or at least a fat guy friendly suspension mfr that holds 330# reliably?

Thank you!!!

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
It would be nice if they had a spec for it, but it is only a seat after all. Based on what you explained I think the dealer is being reasonable. Air ride is probably the best option.

My advice is to:

1. Bite the bullet and buy the air ride. Just make sure you test one out first (dealer has them other machines hopefully)
2. Fabricate some springs (this may take a bunch of trial and error, so it might just be cheaper to go with #1).

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Maybe adding something like this would work....

GrampaJeff

Equipment
L4060Hstc-LE
Sep 15, 2021
Wyoming
It would be nice if they had a spec for it, but it is only a seat after all. Based on what you explained I think the dealer is being reasonable. Air ride is probably the best option.

My advice is to:

1. Bite the bullet and buy the air ride. Just make sure you test one out first (dealer has them other machines hopefully)
2. Fabricate some springs (this may take a bunch of trial and error, so it might just be cheaper to go with #1).
Thank you for the input. The only problem is the air rides are only good for 260# from what I have read.

GrampaJeff

Equipment
L4060Hstc-LE
Sep 15, 2021
Wyoming
Maybe adding something like this would work....
I may be able to fabricate a new seat pan, and omit the OEM suspension. Set the seat where I want it and use 4 of those in parallel. That may be a great option! Thank you!

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I haven’t tried it and your tractor is much more deluxe than mine. But then again, how hard could it be to change/add springs. I’d probably put one inside the existing spring or over it depending on what’s easier. My local hardware store carries a lot of different ones. You might be able to find something compatible at somewhere like Napa or a farm store.

I doubt that other than the engineering department nobody probably knows what the spring rate is anyway or what you would need.

Reactions: 1 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I know what you mean about useless customer service. I contacted them and they replied that "all the correct parts are at the dealer". If the repair was not completed to my satisfaction in 3 days I was to re-open the matter. In 3 days I contacted them again and got the same BS. That was August 9th, now it is September 15th and no correct parts exist.

The dealer got a new service manager and he was going to follow up on this, that was August 20th, nothing, absolutely nothing from the dealer or Kubota.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
My old Allis Chalmers and probably most of the older larger tractors simply had a piece of spring steel upon which the seat sat. It couldn't be simpler and it is far more comfortable than operating my new B2601 that I described previously as both like riding a brick and/or roller skating in a gravel pit. I weigh 204# for the record. If you have access to a "Tractor Graveyard (or junkyard)" thats where I would start. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Seriously, a picture of the seat suspension with spring rating IS available. Each component has a technical drawing before it goes to manufacturing. A simple question like this, should not get/a stonewall response!
In case you have not noticed, the seat was not manufactured by Kubota but by Grammer. If you need seat information, you need to be calling the seat manufacture.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
been through this type situation with jet ski's many moons ago. It's a hard situation to deal with in many aspects. I'm sorry I don't have any better information.

customer service is there to listen to a gripe, and most times they have no technical knowledge whatsoever. Normally when you start getting into technical stuff their brains quit functioning. They are not mechanically minded (at all!)--as they have been called "phone jockeys"--and I understand and totally respect what they do. I have done that job in the past too and it SUCKS. Even if you (the phone jockey) ARE mechanically minded, you are directed to NOT give any technical information at all (liability), rather direct the other line to contact a dealer, and get the field service rep involved.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
May I ask how much you weigh? I'm 6'4'' in height & weigh 238#s & the factory seat on my older model Kubota tractor supports me.
It's my experience from being previously employed for 21 yrs by a new tractor dealership that tractor manufacturers want dealers to handle customers problems with their products & manufacturer have "no personal relations with customers".

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
You are going at this the wrong way. You need to say you are a person with a disability because you are morbidly obese. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities in several areas, including employment, transportation, public accommodations, communications and access to state and local government' programs and services. Hire a lawyer and sue for discrimination because Kubota didn't design a seat suspension system to accommodate your disability. You might also want to consider claiming a mental disability due to your inability to read warning stickers and operator manuals coupled with a sense of entitlement and self grandiosity. A person of your stature commands respect. Hire a lawyer NOW!

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Thank you for the input. The only problem is the air rides are only good for 260# from what I have read.
I feel your pain being a big man myself. I cranked the seat spring adjustment on my Kubota as far as it would go and it is OK... till I hit a good bump. I also had to have my son make a new seat plate to slide the seat back 3 more inches for my legs... I read somewhere that an old 3/4 filled football works wonders.

GrampaJeff

Equipment
L4060Hstc-LE
Sep 15, 2021
Wyoming
May I ask how much you weigh? I'm 6'4'' in height & weigh 238#s & the factory seat on my older model Kubota tractor supports me.
It's my experience from being previously employed for 21 yrs by a new tractor dealership that tractor manufacturers want dealers to handle customers problems with their products & manufacturer have "no personal relations with customers".
330#. My old 2013 L3200 HST was great. No issues. I’ve seen where people with this same tractor on the verge of bottoming out at 265#, giving them 1/2” to 1” of travel.

GrampaJeff

Equipment
L4060Hstc-LE
Sep 15, 2021
Wyoming
Ok, so I found out that the air rides CAN support more, it’s just the air bladders don’t hold up as long. Weight, terrain, hours effect longevity.